OMG this is beautiful and breathtaking.

OMG this is beautiful and breathtaking.

Postby ROXI » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:19 pm

In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Re: OMG this is beautiful and breathtaking.

Postby pharquartt » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 pm

definitely a different take on a Stone's classic tune. there are parts i would like to see her do slightly different, but overall, i like it.

her voice is good, she just needs the right material to make her shine.
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:40 pm

I appreciate your appreciation rox but in my opinion, it was a bit overwrought and too boisterously dramatic. I think the song warrants a lot more of a subdued treatment.

some time ago, I had posted a version of this song by THE SUNDAYS that I think is a tremendous cover.

boyle has extreme talent - but I think her delivery is just too formal and old school for this song.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby mistertroll » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:03 am

The lady obviously is very talented, and I always enjoy seeing somebody from "humble circumstances" shoot the moon.

I really don't enjoy her style of music, but there are millions who do, and she's probably going to be very successful and wealthy.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:27 am

"This video has been removed by the user" :mad:
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby mistertroll » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:49 am

zxyz wrote:"This video has been removed by the user" :mad:

Got Google?

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:46 am

No, not right now. It'd be nice to have good link, rather than wasting a lot of time searching the web.
Last edited by zxyz on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby mistertroll » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 am

took about five seconds...

five more seconds...

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:28 am

Thanks! Yeah that was good. Different. Hardly recognizable to me as the classic "wild horses" but very nice singing indeed. She has a remarkable voice.
(I've already seen the second one troll, but thanks anyway ;) )
zxyz

Postby Stevo » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Didn't watch this on YouTube but saw her guest appearance on America's Got Talent. I was expecting it to be too over the top, but was very pleasantly sursprised at the amount of sublety and dynamics in her performance. I also really liked that arrangement, in some ways better than the original.

:thumb:
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.
Stevo

Postby shankarji » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:15 pm

Omigod I bloody hate this...it's all over the radio at the moment and it's tripe...who decided that a drug-addled stones song off've Sticky Fingers would be a good tune for a show singer to cover needs shooting...yuk...'orrible...I had to go and listen to Sticky Fingers for an hour to get it out of my head...this sucks chunk! :mad:

Stevo...you need shooting too...better than the original? Excuse me while my aneurism bursts.
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby Stevo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:59 pm

shankarji wrote:Omigod I bloody hate this...it's all over the radio at the moment and it's tripe...who decided that a drug-addled stones song off've Sticky Fingers would be a good tune for a show singer to cover needs shooting...yuk...'orrible...I had to go and listen to Sticky Fingers for an hour to get it out of my head...this sucks chunk! :mad:

Stevo...you need shooting too...better than the original? Excuse me while my aneurism bursts.

Hey now - my "better" was qualfied with "in some ways" and was refering specifically to aspects of the arrangement that I liked. That is not even close to the making a declaration that "her version is better that the original".

And I'm sure I'd hate her version too if I was being repeatedly subjected it to it against my will. In fact I can guarantee that!

Besides, this whole Susan Boyle thing is so September '09. Most of the world has moved on, let's join them.

:hippy:
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.
Stevo

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:57 am

you want roxi to move on from sept 09? hell, first lets get him to move on from '73 ok?
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to iMER September 2009