For the benefit of Saucy and Koff (and Mr. Kite)

For the benefit of Saucy and Koff (and Mr. Kite)

Postby pharquartt » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:36 am

There has been a flurry of bullshit flung around in this forum and, since I'm stuck with the job, I am going to address the subject.

Please pay attention. The Nazi Duck is speaking.

For those just checking in, there is NO POLICY of DELETION from this site and/or forums. We don't do that. It was discussed long ago and was agreed that it was not a smart idea. Our reasons are legion, but a primary one is that we will not do so in order to keep an accurate record of who and what has transpired here over the years (and future ones.)

If a person wishes to no longer be a member of this site, they may stop coming here. There is NO automatic link that forces you to come here and log in. There is NO automatic link that forces you to participate in any fashion. THAT is something that can only be done by YOU, the visitor. If you can show me that that is a falsehood, I will publicly display that technology and eat crow for all to see. Then I will off myself and scatter the ashes at the feet of the Partovi brothers.

There IS the option available to make any member's account effectively null and void by simply restricting all privileges to the site, i.e., remove the ability to see, post, and or log on in any fashion. This would render that member to the sole ability to read (only as an anonymous visitor) those areas that we, as site managers, have deemed to be in the public domain. This is done only in the case of those members that have demonstrated the need to do NOTHING but cause trouble and/or attempts to sabotage the efforts being made to make this site one where musicians (and listeners) can come to find a free and open environment that primarily deals with new and independent artists. WARNING: If you make this request, it will not be reversed at a later time. So choose wisely.

There have been a few requests made by disgruntled members to have their accounts permanently removed. This will not happen, as stated above. If they wish to have their privileges removed, that can be done but will first be discussed among the staff to determine the merits of the request. This sort of request is BEST achieved by a simple PM to one of the site admins and, if you prefer, directly to me, the site administrator (also fondly referred to as the Nazi Duck.)

All musical content that you may have contributed is your own intellectual property and may be removed along with your privileges. All conversations presented on these forums WILL remain as property of this site.

HOWEVER......

If these requests are done PUBLICLY, especially in a manner that falsely accuses other members of actions that are untrue, then the likely outcome will be that the rest of us will make a point of calling you out as the phonies that you are, merely attempting to grab some sort of fame (or infamy) to suit your own purposes, whatever they be. You will find that the end result will probably NOT be to your liking.

You see, we do not appreciate slander in any form nor accusations that are blatantly untrue, such as threats of deletion or censorship. Those types of charges will be defended vigorously and in a manner that is sure to be unpleasant to those who make them.

This place is not for the faint of heart nor is it a place where phonies are easily tolerated. It is a place for ADULTS to assemble and exchange ideas and music. If you feel that you are too immature to handle that kind of freedom, then please stay away. No one is forcing you to come here.

I will also state that those who continuously make false accusations about this site or any of the members will find that their credibility will be shown to be null and void, and particularly to the people that they have made these accusations to. This is not a difficult task and could prove embarrassing to those who like to shoot from the lip.

This site is not for everybody and will probably remain so. On the other hand, the number of people who cannot handle this atmosphere will most likely be a small minority compared to the vast amount of people who are looking for a place that DOESN'T fill your head with phony accolades and promises of stardom (especially for a fee.) Again, there are plenty of other sites you can visit to find your "perfect" environment.

Time will tell. And I'll take all bets on which approach comes up the winner.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me for clarification.

ND
Last edited by pharquartt on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Re: For the benefit of Saucy and Koff (and Mr. Kite)

Postby mistertroll » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:40 am

Yeah. What He said.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sticky-sticky?
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby steban » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:49 am

I think that was so well stated, Rick, it should be available to all up front to read.
everyone is in the middle
we all run at different speeds
everyone has special talents
everyone is special needs
steban

Postby Jay » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:20 am

Well-said, indeed.
Prunes!
Jay

Postby Krispy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:22 am

It's good Rick, but could ya get it all into a 6-word slogan?

:D
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Return to Announcements