[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - an exercise in futility

an exercise in futility

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

an exercise in futility

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:11 am

I don't even know why I'm bothering with posting this here cus only 4 people will see it and only 2 will comment ... but ...

here's one of the best pop songs I ever wrote - with horrid sound, horrific drums and just an overall incompetence in instrumentation on my part - but I feel like the chord progression, melody, lyric and overall songwriting prowess was there back in the early 90's .... and it was a true story in the works as well ...

do ya like it?

I wish I may - cjdenecia

she shivered when I told her
I don't have much more time
don't ya think I should be going
should we turn out the lights?

CHORUS

I wish I may, I wish I might
fall in love again with you tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
fall in love again with you tonight

she said it's all not me boy
you're still a partner in this crime
the temperature seemed icy
could our hearts freeze up and die

the masquerade was over
nowhere to run and hide
closed our eyes we'd already chosen
can't remember how to try

CHORUS

BRIDGE

what have we done now, look what we've done now
where do we go from here?
what have we done now, look what we've done now
where do we go from here?

she shivered when I told her
I don't have much more time
don't ya think I should be going
should we turn out the lights?

should we turn out the lights tonight?
Attachments
I Wish I May.mp3
(6.39 MiB) Downloaded 169 times
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Re: an exercise in futility

Postby HUD » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:53 pm

Very nice. Beyond the aforementioned a negatives, this thing's got a great feel. The vocal layering, although somewhat unruly, actually harkens further back- I think of some of the vocal chord building from the 60's, such as the Association.
Everything that actually matters is quite solid.

:thumb:
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:41 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:07 pm

...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:21 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:49 pm

...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!