[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - New music from the audiopolis admin team ....

New music from the audiopolis admin team ....

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

Re: New music from the audiopolis admin team ....

Postby steban » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:47 pm

HUD's pointed out all the semi-technical points I'd make, ceej.

It's a cool song as a whole. The slightly flat tone of the vocals at times at first surprised me, my mind wanting to sharpen them a little, especially since it's you, dude! But once I get accustomed to it, it is more an artistic decision, and it does add an altness to it, and safely away from the Doobie Brothers.

The melody is kind of Steppenwolf catchy. I like the two organs interplaying on top of that groovin' bass and rockin' drums.

Lyrics work fine, full of imagery very trippy innuendo-filled, and a little downed out feeling, which conveys a little impurity to the love song angle. That attitude goes with the delivery.

Is it your best song ever? No. But it has memorable moments and is a valid idea.
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:16 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby HUD » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:03 pm

I always do assume that your note choices are conscious decisions, rather than an incompetent ear. I, as you, have thought long & hard about how we want to sing - and as I recall a cj critical comment here & there (I forget NOTHING) about my deliveries, there will probably always be some little style choices of yours that don't thrill me, like that upward curl you'll put on a phrase from time to time that pisses me off.
Would like a Pinstripish, relaxed delivery next time, eh? That's actually one of your best vocals, IMO. If you got idea for something loungey, I could help you jazz it up, in fact.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:24 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ingolee » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Attachments
swingthing.mp3
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
ingolee

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:00 am

uploaded to the site ....

ohhh and thanks ingo, I WILL be checking it out ...

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:20 am

in that context ingo, with just that guitar, I'm seeing some possible lounge treatment ... maybe - it's feeling sorta bluesy vs jazzy.

but here's one that deano and I were starting with the pinstripes when he just disappeared ... jiggafied. I always wanted to keep working with it but it just never happened. it needs to be cut down, personalized and flushed out but it has real potential.
Attachments
Jiggafied_prelim_writing_mix.mp3
(6.95 MiB) Downloaded 80 times

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ingolee » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:23 am

ingolee

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:02 am

I'm hoping that Santa Claus will be kind to me this year, supplying me with leads, adaptors, good quality headphones, etc, so that I can take a more active part in these projects!

You guys are fun to work with!

Ailwyn
...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby Krispy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:37 am

What a groovy, danceable tune. Gregg's done a great job with it.

If the flatness they're all talking about is where I hear it I have to conclude that it's about those crappy ol' physical changes. The range available to you ten years ago has narrowed but you still want to venture into it. Its upper reaches are now where you have the least control, just like I do in the lower reaches.
Yet singing live, particularly covers, you never miss, except when you have to back off or squeak.

Sticking to note choices is all very well, but the casual listener isn't going to read the sleevenote where it says, 'It's meant to be like that'. Of course I'm terribly guilty of such choices, but it's still a valid point.

Don't really feel the lyrics on this one. I know you're going for unsophisticated but to me it seems devoid of any translatable emotion and tainted by cliches. No offence. (Guess I'm walking home tonight then).

I'm sure I can hear the kitchen timer going off right at the end.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:03 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:16 am

Banter.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:09 pm

banter is sooooo 2014.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:16 pm

...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby HUD » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:14 pm

so what's going to be in for 2015?
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

PreviousNext

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!