[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - so then ....

so then ....

Nicey-nice talk is here.

Re: so then ....

Postby jaymz » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:25 am

I think you are all mad because Charvie called me talented.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby nunani » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:30 pm

So then ....

All problems begins in childhood years, try to remember those first days and you will find the answer, all the answers.

Sincerely

G_NNN
losing signal...-.::_signal amps ready to engage.-:__
nunani

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:47 am

so. 6 months ago I started saying truth .... along came a slight groundswell of protest where some discussion was had. then a new guy came along and infused energy and then as usual, the others slowly faded into the background. and here we have it.

what we got out of it was beneficial. pat singlehandedly wrote the faq questions and came up with some other good ideas.

gregg made it clear he's going to keep the site up and running for reasons of his own no matter how bad it gets.

some additional reviews were done and some ideas were tossed around.

but we're no better off now then we were then. not really. it's still really completely in my court. and my ball is deflated, I'm tired and my jersey is ripped into shreds.

lemme know if ya'll can field a full team to support me. till then, I'm really just gonna work on my own stuff - online and off. plus live.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:54 am

Can't say I blame you, man!
The lack of members is as disheartening as the general lack of involvement and interest from the rare few I've crossed here.
I'm amazed it lasted this long, quite frankly.
Good luck with your own stuff, online and off (and live). I mean it.
ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:17 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:21 am

ptalbot

Postby steban » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:28 am

I have been sidetracked lately with other life things, some good, some bad, some ugly, but one thing I'm working on quietly is an app for Audiopolis!

No, it is not an Audiopolis page that fits and plays well on smart phones. It is an offshoot of our indie music BRS that will be aimed at a broad and more mainstream audience that will be fast paced, fun, musical, and interactive, and is very iPhone friendly.

I have made a lot of progress on the design, meaning I have an ASP.Net with VB code behind controls that actually already work with a SQL database. I knew I could do it, but it was not easy to make my buttons have a changing background images with changing text overlaid. But it doesn't matter if I'm the world's best webmaster, just a matter if my idea can actually do what it is supposed to do.

I'm not going to publicly discuss this here in detail as it is a new idea that we don't want stolen.

Audiopolis is an asset we must not undervalue even if it is not picking up the pace yet. I hope to offer a separate activity that will use our resources (music data) and attract all new visitors and potential new members. I'm shooting for January to be ready.

Optimism is so often pie in the sky bye and bye, but sometimes a silly idea comes to fruition. It is a matter of luck, work, the right idea, and market timing. I would contend that GB was just right for the time, and it died just about the time the timing did. I further contend that our site, a marked improvement on that site, began as its idea's timing waned. In order for our site to succeed, we need to evolve into the way the internet is now.

Our mission is not just to be the best BRS for indie music ever, it is to promote indie music the best we can. We can still do that!
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:57 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:05 am

More importantly Stebs, is the man who was crying out for an Audiopolis collab going to take a look at that? :|
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:26 am

I'm staying in... it's fun! :rock:

Ailwyn
...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby HUD » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:26 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby Krispy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:41 pm

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby HUD » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:25 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:44 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby steban » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:19 am

I've been so distracted by other things I have yet to even hear the song, but song unheard I am 100% in and will listen to it shortly! Probably before midnight.

And I will send you a message, ceej. I was holding out for something tangible to either show or describe more fully, and I'm very close to that now. Not only that, Microsoft just released the full blown professional Visual Studio 2013 for free for individuals and small companies, which is very cool! Now is a good time to get some specific feedback.
steban

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion