[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Whiteboarding the arrangement -- "Here"

Whiteboarding the arrangement -- "Here"

Got a story behind your song? Be it technical or creatively speaking? Wanna talk about it? Do it. Here.

Whiteboarding the arrangement -- "Here"

Postby PopTodd » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 pm

This was the first song recorded for the album, and it is one of the songs where I had an arrangement in my head from the get-go. It’s also one that my former bandmates just didn’t “get”, even though I actually whiteboarded the whole arrangement for them. So, I did it all on my own and am I glad that I did; it was a ton of fun for me to record.
You see, the whole point of this thing was to keep that main verse melody ("All my roads...") going throughout the entire song. Listen as the keyboard picks up the melody during the chorus and then the guitar solo picks it up later on.
I also wanted to maximize the tension/release thing from verse to chorus, so I sang the verses in both the low and high octaves, which was a little uncomfortable for me, and resolved the chorus in my natural range. I think that it works pretty well.
And I am proud of the way that this thing turned out. Seems to be a favorite among friends and fans, too.

http://hoponpop.bandcamp.com/track/here

Dig it.

PopTodd

Re: Whiteboarding the arrangement -- "Here"

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:05 am

I'm sure I've heard this before and spoke about it .... in fact, didn't I mention that I thought the high vocal was fabricated?

I too, (still) like it.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Peevette » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:38 am

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby PopTodd » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 am

PopTodd

Postby zxyz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:26 am

I didn't think that I would like it at the 1st but it grew on me. Nice. Kudos Todd! Cool song. :]
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Return to Behind the Music (AR.com style)