[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Behind the song (mix, music, whatever)

Behind the song (mix, music, whatever)

Not sure about how things work? Have a suggestion about how to make them work better? Post here.

Behind the song (mix, music, whatever)

Postby jaymz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Anyone think it would be cool to have a spot for stories about song? A place where someone could tell a story about how a song was written, either from the creative level or the technical/recording level (or both).

One of the things I don't often see (except in electronica) are videos or posts about how a song is created. I think it would be neat to take a reader through the process.. showing how a person got a guitar sound, the equipment they used, effects, the daw process, creative way they use EQ, mixing techniques, mastering techniques, etc.

Doesn't have to be a video, could just be a post with some screen shots and a link to the song or something, i dunno.

But in summation, otherwise it could get really long.

Of course it might open up the hive for users to point and laugh at the way people are doing certain things..

EVEN BETTER!

Maybe something in the recording forum.. maybe that's where something like this should go.

I'd be willing to do the first one if anyone thinks it might be an interesting concept.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Re: Behind the song (mix, music, whatever)

Postby Krispy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:53 pm

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby shankarji » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Excellent idea...I'm all for edjamacashun!
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby Peevette » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I like your idea, Jaymz!!!
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:35 pm

so then - what do you wanna call it? and what info do you want listed on the header?

it'll be in the music forum and bumped up above some stuff that's there.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby jaymz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Let me put something together today and let's see if it gets any traction. I'd love to see lots of people doing it.. I love to see how other people operate, we are all so restrained to our own private knowledgeshare through this intarweb thing.

though now that I think about it, it's kind of like a blog I guess.

I'll post something in the recording section i suppose and you can move it wherever however you want..
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby charvie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:54 pm

That's a great idea! I would love to see how people do stuff, I have a really difficult time reading and implimenting the things i've read, but pictures are very easy for my dumbass! Call it in the mix
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby Krispy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Krispy

Postby Stevo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Stevo

Postby Steve Soucy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby jaymz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Yes it is.. in a blog you are the center of focus, in a forum, everyone is.

I'm not sure where next to go with that :D
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby pharquartt » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:31 am

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Krispy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:12 am

Krispy

Return to Questions/Suggestions