Didilydoowiki

Didilydoowiki

Postby HUD » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:21 pm

http://gbadmin.garageband.com/artist/didilydoowiki

I reviewed a couple of these guys' tunes at GB, around '04.

Rather quirky song titles that seldom relate to the lyrics, a couple indulgent passages here & there, but intelligent, entertaining, personal as well. Generally very good shit after repeatable listens.

Here's a mystery ...maybe for the local Sleuth... They seem have departed without leaving any forwarding address. Googling turns up nothing for this bandname.

Gotta love a band so intent on global domination.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Re: Didilydoowiki

Postby Peevette » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:47 am

I'm not too sure I like didilydoowiki.........

I guess I'll have to listen to a few more tunes, just not sure.......
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby shankarji » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Listened to their sig tune, Franks and Beans...not earth shattering or ground-breaking, but pretty nice easy listening type sound...the sort of thing I'd listen to whilst cooking the dinner or summat.
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby Krispy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Performing Lines. Pleasantly quirky to start, vocalist has the merest smidge of Geddy and a dash of someone else, holding my attention. Nice X-Files punctuation. Lyrics are intriguing, less than obvious. I like that. Actually, I really dig this song.

Franks and Beans. Not so grabbed, but a nicely constructed number which knows where it's going. I like the imagery of "walking heavy while holding hands".

Original song titles all.

I could probably listen to a whole album of this. Good work, Hud. As for tracking them down, I shall have my people get on to it.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:41 pm

HUD wrote:http://gbadmin.garageband.com/artist/didilydoowiki

I reviewed a couple of these guys' tunes at GB, around '04.

Rather quirky song titles that seldom relate to the lyrics, a couple indulgent passages here & there, but intelligent, entertaining, personal as well. Generally very good shit after repeatable listens.

Here's a mystery ...maybe for the local Sleuth... They seem have departed without leaving any forwarding address. Googling turns up nothing for this bandname.

Gotta love a band so intent on global domination.

I can't say the band name. I hate them.

beyond that .... first song is pretty decent, good production, unpredictable arrangement and chord structure - unexpected vocal delivery - sorta country rockish towards folkish .... not much adventure to the melody but it does possess a bit of quirkiness ...

3 liters .... pink floydish but I won't hold that against them ... except it's boring me already ..... might be interested in a different mood but right now - nah .... I'm feeling a bit too awake. and it's just too mellllllllllllllooooooooooo for the moment .... nice flow tho - bye bye ..

licorice heart - slow drive .... nice guitar work ... cool lyric .... song kinda drags on a bit for me ....

I'm guessing I'm just not in the mood for this - I have it bookmarked, I'll probably come back and give it a better chance cus it all sounds well done .... and not standard fare ....
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to iMER Feb 8-14, 2009