[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Sycophant

Sycophant

Sycophant

Postby Stevo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:58 pm

I like these guys, and this song cracks me up.

"Wonderful Pop Song"
Attachments
Sycophant-WonderfulPopSong.mp3
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
Stevo

Re: Sycophant

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:14 am

ok ..... uhhh .... yeah ..... did I mention "ok"?

great performance. well - quite good anyway ...

but otherwise, sorry - don't get it stevo. I mean, I "get it" ... but I don't see it. yeah, it's a little clever. but it apparently just doesn't grab me the way it does you man.

maybe it's cus of your ability to really reach out and pull the bad joke directly out of your ass?

anyway, they played and sang it well. why? honestly, I'm not quite sure. but they did.

you got something from them that is either really funny or a more bonafide effort?
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby twoleftfeet » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:20 am

Bright lights, big city, went to my baby's head.
twoleftfeet

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:29 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby twoleftfeet » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:33 am

twoleftfeet

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:42 am

you asked, I told.

there is no bitch fight. nor taxi. people CAN post what they want. and you can say what you want.

this doesn't require a debate. nor will there be one. it IS all good. well... maybe not all good in every sense but in the sense of nobody should be feeling like they shouldn't post what they want for music and nobody should be feeling like they have to jump on and tell 'em "that's great".

but I would say inferring a person should be embarrassed to have posted is not something that is gonna endear my heart.

are we quite clear on that?

good.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Stevo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks for the listens and comments, guys. Obviously musical taste is completely subjective, so all opinions are valid.

I certianly wasn't posting this particular song under the "magnificent indie artists that have fallen though the cracks" umbrella.

I just thought it was clever, instructional, as well as being an ear-worm. I've had "...this is the swelling lead in..." stuck in my head for days now, despite listening to a bunch of other stuff since :)

I'll post a more bonafide effort from them in the near future and see what you think.
Stevo

Postby twoleftfeet » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 am

twoleftfeet

Return to iMER Feb 1-7, 2009