Preamps.. wtf ..

Tested & Approved. Gear that makes the cut. Recommend or inquire. If you wanna use it, chances are, somebody has abused it.

Preamps.. wtf ..

Postby zxyz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:00 am

Hey you-all!!
I'm beginning the search for a direct into pc preamp (been using the ones from old multi-track tape machines) but need to find a good sounding transparent or warm one that'll go from mic or guitar into the PC-DAW. I've priced the black-lion, grace, dmp3, golden age, etc..etc.. from 50 bucks to 2000. (can't afford the latter at present :] Any favorites or advice?
Thanx in advance..
-Steve
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Re: Preamps.. wtf ..

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:35 am

zxyz wrote:Hey you-all!!
I'm beginning the search for a direct into pc preamp (been using the ones from old multi-track tape machines) but need to find a good sounding transparent or warm one that'll go from mic or guitar into the PC-DAW. I've priced the black-lion, grace, dmp3, golden age, etc..etc.. from 50 bucks to 2000. (can't afford the latter at present :] Any favorites or advice?
Thanx in advance..
-Steve

I've used far more expensive names in preamps but to be honest - the low line one that kim has always used is a best bang for the buck box.

behringer tube ultragain mic100

of course, a good mic or direct box is important and you gotta go into the PC with adapter cords but all in all - I really dig the sound and clarity of this unit. especially for only 39 quid.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Re: Preamps.. wtf ..

Postby zxyz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 am

Thanx cj! I appreciate it. :]
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Return to Gear