New Keyboard

Tested & Approved. Gear that makes the cut. Recommend or inquire. If you wanna use it, chances are, somebody has abused it.

New Keyboard

Postby Buddy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:59 pm

OK. I'm finally getting my studio back in order after having a Stroke a couple of years ago. While I was out of the game I installed Windows 7 Professional on my puter. Didn't know until I went to install my Keyboard about a week ago that the Midi Keyboard I have for it doesn't work on Windows 7. I've tried every driver I can find to no avail. Any way whats a good Midi Keyboard for around $100 that works with Windows 7?
Buddy

Re: New Keyboard

Postby Liquidirt » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:59 am

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/28888-good-midi-keyboard-7-a.html
Read through that, it just may help. From what I've read, you don't need a new keyboard, just USB that supports midi?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer."
Liquidirt

Postby pharquartt » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:00 am

Buddy wrote:OK. I'm finally getting my studio back in order after having a Stroke a couple of years ago. While I was out of the game I installed Windows 7 Professional on my puter. Didn't know until I went to install my Keyboard about a week ago that the Midi Keyboard I have for it doesn't work on Windows 7. I've tried every driver I can find to no avail. Any way whats a good Midi Keyboard for around $100 that works with Windows 7?

what kind of keyboard do you have, buddy?

are you sure it isn't a case of getting a new software driver for your keyboard?

details would help.
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Buddy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:27 am

Sorry Pharr. Its an Evolution MK249C. If ya run across anything Lemme know. If not I think I'm gonna go with the Line 6 model. I have a few of thier things and I understand them. I'm about $100 short at the moment so ya prolly have about a week.
Buddy

Postby meatcigars » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 pm

meatcigars

Postby pharquartt » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 am

along the line of the meatster, i have to say i like the M-Audio keyboards. Relatively cheap and they work well. plus the drivers are solid. (i have the Keystation 61es)

imho

ps: found a Win7 driver at this address: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=sup ... ers&f=1088

the driver download is near the bottom of the page. looks universal for your "legacy" keyboard.
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby meatcigars » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:34 pm

pharquartt wrote:along the line of the meatster, i have to say i like the M-Audio keyboards. Relatively cheap and they work well. plus the drivers are solid. (i have the Keystation 61es)

imho

ps: found a Win7 driver at this address: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=sup ... ers&f=1088

the driver download is near the bottom of the page. looks universal for your "legacy" keyboard.

My link is supposed to be a universal driver as well and it listed his model. I hope it works out, this is my true joy, finding drivers for legacy equipment (it actually used to be my job).
meatcigars

Postby pharquartt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:58 am

meatcigars wrote:
My link is supposed to be a universal driver as well and it listed his model. I hope it works out, this is my true joy, finding drivers for legacy equipment (it actually used to be my job).

yeah, i saw that. but my link is to a newer file. (by the same software group) :fu:

got keys myself. have spent a lot of time searching for legacy stuff. can't afford to keep buying new stuff!

at least, not until i have a job. heh.
pharquartt
Site Admin

Return to Gear