[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - ideas for questions

ideas for questions

Re: ideas for questions

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:33 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 am

How do you download a tune?
I see there's an option when you upload a tune to allow download, but nowhere have I found a place where I could download any... ?!?
ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:34 pm

ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:14 am

I do really appreciate ya'll working so hard on this ....

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:42 am

Ah ah! Yeah, personally, I got a little side-tracked because I did a couple reviews instead...
ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:50 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:58 am

I was joking. You see that emoticons can be handy sometimes.

I wonder if the best thing to do wouldn't be to regroup all the scattered Q/A into one single document, create a table of contents and work from there?
I find it a little difficult to see what's covered and what's missing ATM.
For that kind of thing, I usually work on a Wiki, but since you don't have one there, maybe creating a simple word doc could be more workable?

If anything that could be a first version that could replace the current 404 page you get when you click on the FAQ link...
To be augmented one Q at a time.

What do you think?
ptalbot

Postby Krispy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:24 am

Maybe we know all the answers.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:23 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ptalbot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:49 am

Man! Honestly, I feel for you...
So here are a few questions I compiled this evening:

Reviews:
- What is the BRS?
- How does the BRS work?
- What's so good about reviews being blind?
- The BRS asked me to choose a round... What is a round? Why do I have to choose? How does this work?
- Can I switch the songs I'm reviewing?
- Can't I just review a song that I've found on the site?
- Why don't I know whose band this is?
- Why do I have to choose a category to review?
- Why do I get to review two songs at a time? Why not one?
- Are the songs level matched in the BRS?
- I have reviewed a few songs in the XXX category and now the BRS doesn't present that category to me any more... is it broken?
- What are the mandatory criteria?
- What are the band criteria?
- Why are criteria rating values only 1 to 4?
- Why can't I select 0 as a rating?
- Why do I see a band criteria labelled "Song 1"?
- How much time do I have to listen to a song for the review to be valid?
- If I start a review and go get a coffee will I be able to submit it when I'm back?
- I have started a review in the BRS but I have to go out, can I save it and finish later?
- Is a title mandatory for a review?
- How many words does my review need to have to be valid?
- Can I use HTML in my text review? Or any markup/tags?
- Can I modify a review after I've submitted it? Why not?
- Why is there no titles for the songs I'm reviewing?
- Can I see the lyrics during the review? Why not?
- Can I exchange with the band whose song I'm reviewing?
- I get a preference field is required when I submit my review, what did I do wrong?
- I get a Song 1/2 Op Q field 1/2/3/4/5 required when I submit my review, what did I do wrong?
- I get a Song 1/2 Total Play time field is required? Where is this field?
- What happens when I did submit my review?
- Will the band be notified that they received a new review?
- Will they see the ratings that I've submitted?
- Will they know the time I've spent reviewing their song?
- Will they be able to contact me? How?
- How can I submit a song in the BRS?
- What if I don't want a song to be in the BRS?
- How do I set band criteria for my own songs?
- Will I be notified when I get a new review?
- What if I get a review that I don't like?
- What does the 'Feature this review' button does?
- I see that I have a new review, but it says ratings pending (or something like that), why?
- What do I have to do when I received a review?
- Why do reviews appear randomly on the home page?
- Can I delete a review of my song that is not nice? Can I change it?
- Is there any way to review a song out of the BRS? If not, why?

User accounts:
- I want to register to upload songs and it asks for an email address... is this mandatory? Are your going to spam me?
- I'm asked if I'm a real person... what kind of question is that?
- I don't understand the relationship between the main site and the forum? Do I need two accounts?
- Are there minimal requirements for passwords?
- I'm asked to login every time I come to the site, is there a way for the system to remember me?
- I'd like to create more than one account, can I do that?
- Can I add a picture to my account? What type of files are allowed?
- The first time I review, I'm asked to read and check a Review System Terms of Agreement? Why is that?
- Can I link to my website?
- Can I add personal information to my account?
- Why do I have to create a band to upload songs? I have no band, it's just me!
- How many bands can I create and link to one account?
- Can I put an image for my band? Does it have to be the same as my account?
- Can I link to my band's website?
- What are the similar artists fields? Why is there only 5 of them?
- Do I have to set a location for my band?
- What's the difference between Band Members and Audiopolis Band Members?
- How many band members can I add?
- What's the "TuneTestList1 - Defaults"?
- What are arguments?
- I've uploaded a few songs, can I add them to a playlist?
- I would like to reorder the songs seen on my band's profile, can I do that? How?
- I want to upload a song, but it doesn't fit in any genres, what can I do?
- Can I upload a cover?
- Can I upload the song of someone else?
- Are instrumentals acceptable?
- What's a sub genre? What is it used for?
- What are bonus credits?
- What's the story about the ratio for uploading?
- I've put two of my song in the BRS but it says I cannot put more. What can I do?
- The song size limit is 7Mb, my file is 45Mb, what can I do?
- 7Mb is quite low and forces me to use low bit rates mp3, can I link to a song on Youtube or Soundcloud instead?
- What's the maximum size allowed for the image of a song?
- When I choose to put a song into the BRS, I'm asked to choose 5 review ratings questions, what are they for?
- What if I don't have more than 2 ratings I'm curious about, what should I choose?
- I'd like to have my kazoo playing rated, but I don't see it in the review rating questions, what can I do?
- I see a check box to 'Allow file downloads' but nowhere on the site do I see where I can download other's songs, am I missing something?

Charts:
- What are the charts?
- How is the rankings calculated in the charts?
- Why is my new song at the bottom of the chart?
- I received a good review but there's still no ratings on my song, and I'm still at the bottom of the chart?
- Why are a some songs in round 2 and some others in round 1?
- Are there charts per genre?
- What is the Final Rankings chart and why are these songs not in the overall chart?
- The charts don't seem to change, are they broken?
- Are there monthly charts? Weekly charts? Can we vote on the forum for the best song/worst song/whatever criteria?
- Are there negative charts? The songs that suck the most?
- What's the difference between the Charts and the All music menu?
- I've put a song in the BRS and it's in the charts, but I want it out of there now (without deleting it), what can I do?
- I've uploaded a song and didn't check the box to put it in the BRS, can I do it now?
- I've put a song in the wrong category, and it's been badly rated, can I change the category and start anew? What's going to happen?

Site Navigation:
- When I click the Home link in the menu more than once, I get different 'Latest reviews', is that normal?
- Why does the 'Forum' send me to another site with a completely different navigation? I'm lost!
- The Words link is showing me a page of only the 10 Latest Reviews, what if I want to go to review 154?
- There's a list of 'Latest articles' but no such link on the menu, is that normal?
- I have a great article that I would like to submit, where do I do that?
- In the Whole Music I see the 'Latest Play-lists' where are the others?
- How can I create my own play list?
- I'm missing the "Your Music" and "You Profile" menu links, where are they gone?
- I cannot edit my profile/band/song any more, I'm missing the little edit tab, what did I do wrong?
- When I use the search on the left panel, it works on the main page but not in some other pages, for example a song page... I get a 'Page not found' is that normal? (bug)
- In the search on the left panel, I can search by 'Any Term' but not on the song search page, is that normal?
- In the search song pages, I can only search by Band name, Similar artists, City and Postal code. But the table shows me Location and Country, why can't I search on these too?
- When I'm logged in, I see a '0 new messages' at the top right of the menu, when I click on it I'm directed to a different site's forum, what's going on?
- On a song page, why do I see 2 only reviews and then a list?
- When I click on the play button of a song, a tiny window opens, if I click on the audiopolis.org text I go to a page http://www.audiopolis.org/spdev1/ that is not found? (bug)
- The sound in the player is quite low, can I set it to louder by default? Can I set it in my profile for example?
- Can I review a song that I've found, right on the song page?
- In the friendly links, the indieNetunes link is broken, is that normal?
- Is there a RSS feed for new songs/new reviews/charts? What's the URL?

Forum:
There's already a phpBB FAQ in the forum, so I don't think you need more, plus it's pretty standard, but here's a few specific Q for this site:

- Once in the forum, I tried to reply to messages but my messages didn't appear, what kind of moderation exist in the forum? How long will it take for my message to appear?
- Are my posts visible to unregistered users?
- How can I subscribe to a thread to receive email notifications?
- Get me out of here! I want to go back to the Audiopolis main site, how do I do that?
- Where can I find the songs of a forum user?

Hope this helps...
ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:23 am

..... what can I say .... amazing ..... geeze pat ... thanks doesn't cover it. but really - big huge thanks.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:52 am

Yeah, wow. This is exactly why we needed a new face about the place. :bow:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby ptalbot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Well I'm afraid you'll need more than one new face here.
And if only the people already there could wake up a little bit...
ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:57 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

PreviousNext

Return to FAQ Development