ideas for questions

ideas for questions

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 pm

yeah, this is gonna be a forum "chalkboard" ....

tabs - what they do, where they are, etc

themes - dark brown, light blue ... where, how to ...

PM's -

email - what for, where to (did you use an active mail box?)

review notification ...email and on MY MUSIC page, song page

(THIS IS THE 'JEPRODY' PART OF THE PROCESS ... I guess)

forum markup, smileys, youtube posting, audiopolis_music posting

forum permissions - access, new user group classification,

song uploads - fields to fill out, entry into the review process,

major links, nav bar .... words, all music, why the nav bar is different when logged off/on ...

???
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Re: ideas for questions

Postby ingolee » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Here's some basic newbie questions that are probably covered elsewhere:

I've never written a review before, what should I write?

The review I got doesn't say very much at all, what should I do?

The review I got is totally unfair, how can I argue with what the reviewer said?
ingolee

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:10 pm

ingolee wrote:Here's some basic newbie questions that are probably covered elsewhere:

I've never written a review before, what should I write?

The review I got doesn't say very much at all, what should I do?

The review I got is totally unfair, how can I argue with what the reviewer said?

good ones ingo ... I'll post the answers in the reviews topic.

btw - they are NOT answered elsewhere. we don't have a FAQ yet ... slackers that we are.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Re:

Postby ingolee » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:44 pm

cjdenecia wrote:slackers that we are.

No, you're doing a great job, you should write for Rolling Stone or some such rag. A lot of the pro stuff is poor.
ingolee

Postby Krispy » Wed May 15, 2013 6:41 am

If I can no longer listen to the tunes, will Audiopolis buy me a new PC?
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Wed May 15, 2013 6:50 am

Krispy wrote:If I can no longer listen to the tunes, will Audiopolis buy me a new PC?

no but we do advise you to get a better phone.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ingolee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 pm

My song has gotten some reviews, so now I want to change it. Should I delete it and start over or can I just update it and let it get some more (better?) reviews?
ingolee

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:03 am

ingolee wrote:My song has gotten some reviews, so now I want to change it. Should I delete it and start over or can I just update it and let it get some more (better?) reviews?

great question ... and to be honest, I have forgotten the answer and will have to investigate ...

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:41 am

Didn't Nunani just ask why his song's not getting reviews and why we can't review it in the 'old' way?
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Krispy wrote:Didn't Nunani just ask why his song's not getting reviews and why we can't review it in the 'old' way?

yeah but I have no idea if he's talking about this or the old audiorefugees forum way ..... being as he speaks in an alien tongue.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby HUD » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:46 pm

"where is the line beyond which a review ceases to be a review and becomes abusive? Is it when the reviewer accuses me of being 'too buzzed on peyote to play worth a shit', or when he thinks my message sounds like I have an agenda to turn everyone into homosexuals? Or when he calls me a stupid @@$#0le mo'fo'? ...does this site even have a line?"
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:43 pm

HUD wrote:"where is the line beyond which a review ceases to be a review and becomes abusive? Is it when the reviewer accuses me of being 'too buzzed on peyote to play worth a shit', or when he thinks my message sounds like I have an agenda to turn everyone into homosexuals? Or when he calls me a stupid @@$#0le mo'fo'? ...does this site even have a line?"

Well, the "line" is the law. While we believe and hope that all our reviewers will treat musicians with at least a minimal amount of respect, we know it won't always go that way and somebody will be offensive at some point and somebody will be offended. Report the review and reviewer to audiopolis staff by way of the REPORT THIS REVIEW link on the review page.

We will inspect and judge if, in our opinion (and our legal consultants opinion), it crosses any legal lines of a threatening nature. Obviously, it also must not cross the legal lines of discrimination and hate crimes. Other than that, as much as it pains us, we will have to stand by a reviewers right of free speech the same way will stand by songwriters right of free speech. We might chastise the reviewer, we might publicly expose them as abusive but in the end, we'll probably allow the reviewer a whole lot of ground to be abusive. Though we do reserve the right to edit or delete any suspect reviews and rescind the reviewers rights to review as we see fit.

We just don't want to if we don't have to. We think these sort of internet bullies will move on quickly and in fact, will always be an incredibly small possibility on the site. It's a lot of effort being a moron in print, and most won't have the staying power when they know they're unwanted.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:26 am

Can all members in a band write reviews to earn upload credits collectively for their band?
Krispy

Postby ptalbot » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:26 am

I got 2 questions that I'm not sure where noted somewhere else...

Can you upload covers?
- I don't do covers myself, but I heard at least one tune that sounded like one, although it turned out it wasn't.
I suppose the answer would be no for obvious copyright reasons, but it should be clear in the FAQ

Can you upload instrumentals?
- I did a few and might want to upload a couple but since I haven't encountered any yet, and as it seems a few members are quite hung up on lyrics, I'm not sure about this one...
ptalbot

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:29 am

just copying this conversation for future revision and inclusion ...

ptalbot wrote:I just reviewed a song in round 1 and then noticed later that it has already received 14 reviews:
http://www.audiopolis.org/music/mudsoul ... e-ya-later
Still it is not in round 2 nor is it in the final rankings of round 1...

My understanding was that a song was either in one or the other after 10 reviews...
Am I missing something?

an excellent FAQ question ....

the answer is .....

this is a variance from our model site of yesteryear - garageband. on gb, if you completed your first round - you were done. archived. finished. unless you re-uploaded the song with a new name or simply deleted the old losing song before uploading it again. why would you? well, every set of 10 reviews goes against 10 other songs - and if you upload again, you will go against 10 different songs so you 'might' have a better chance of the song moving forward.

on audiopolis, all you have to do is go to the song page, click the top EDIT tab and tick the YES box near the page bottom to re-enter the song into it's last round again (so yes, you could do this after round 2 as well). the upside is that you don't have to do much to get the song reviews again, and maybe a chance at moving forward into the next round ... the downside is that you'll use an upload credit and you'll keep your ending round star rating (score, chart placement, etc) and therefore by using simple math, you'll be starting from a negative place. with see ya later, the song you mentioned pat, that means that when I ticked that box to get it back into the cycle, instead of a fresh plate, it started with an unsuccessful score - in this case, around 2 stars. so, it'll have to win a lot of it's pairings by big scores to move forward probably. it's not really a win win option, more of a lose, must win option.

but it's an option. I did it to check the system operation.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Next

Return to FAQ Development