[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - The Best of Audiopolis

The Best of Audiopolis

This forum is for reviewees and reviewers and all comers to discuss various aspects of Audiopolis reviews. (contribute at your own risk and be sure to actually DO official AP.org reviews!)

The Best of Audiopolis

Postby Krispy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:35 am

Thought it would be good to have somewhere to share and promote good stuff you've found on Audiopolis , whether by reviewing or browsing. I mean reviews as well as songs. Maybe this should go one level up - in 'Music'.

Yeah, we've got Stevel's 'underappreciated songs' thread but that's a bit, um, negative 'cos they might not be underappreciated. And yeah, we've got playlists, but you don't really see them unless you're looking.
Not sure about issues with affecting 'blind' reviewing but this kinda sharing was done at Garageband.

So I'm gonna kick of with this:

And I really like this review (of another song):

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Re: The Best of Audiopolis

Postby HUD » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:51 pm

hah...Z wrote that? :thumb:
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby ingolee » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:48 pm

ingolee

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:01 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:30 am

Krispy

Postby Krispy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:41 am

Krispy

Postby ingolee » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:04 pm

ingolee

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:35 am

I've been saying it for years .... you don't have to type 1000 words to write a great review and everybody does it different and you can get something useful out of 99% of what's done by soooo many reviewers.

the only truly shitty review is the one you don't do.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 am

Krispy

Postby Krispy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:31 am

Great review of Steve Ison's 'All the way to My Love'

Lo-fi Beatlesque brilliance

I am instantly intrigued by the warm yet eery opening chord choices softly played on just piano, backing a tenderly delivered vocal line that transitions directly into the chorus line all the way to my love.

And the chorus, with just one odd note, brings a new vibe to the music. Forceful, forced, prying the lid off this soft lullaby and letting a little angst escape, just for a moment.

And then just as natural as can be the piano settles back to its gentle side.

The blues eyes verse/bridge blossoms with fresh optimism and with no more than Lennon's Imagine piano holding down the musical fort the battle is forgotten. Just nice classic tension throughout.

Reviewed By: steban

Very poetic, Stebs.
Krispy

Postby HUD » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:22 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby steban » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:38 pm

steban

Postby Krispy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:21 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46 am

He also has a great haircut!
Krispy

Next

Return to Audiopolis Reviews Discussions (Waggers and slaggers)