[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - to the Sky

to the Sky

This is the place to go for preliminary critiques if you're interested in getting some community feedback on improvements to your song BEFORE entering it into the Audiopolis Review System. Don't come in expecting nothing but praise - this is a place to get advice and learn about making your tunes better.

to the Sky

Postby slywitt » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:12 am

The darn songs are starting to come again after a year hiding. I don't think my 60 yr old voice is up to the task anymore -although my 50 yr old one wasn't doing too well either. I'm thinking about asking someone else to sing this. Any thoughts?
It's 2 minutes long.

toTheSky.mp3
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina
slywitt

Re: to the Sky

Postby slywitt » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:14 am

Ha! I'll reply to myself. Thanks to a dear friend who did me some drums, and me doing a bit of harmony. This guy's comin' together,

toTheSky_firstTakeHarmoniesHorns.mp3
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
slywitt

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:24 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby steban » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Another strong song, sly! I liked both versions, even though there are some vocal issues, reminded me of Paul Simon's and Paul McCartney's older voices on SNL 40 last night, not as strong as once upon a time, but still pretty impressive. This one has a catchy vocal rhythm with very good lyrics. Very good.

Melody was top notch, too. I'd be mighty interested in hearing it covered by another singer, no offense intended, but good singers need good songs to shine.

The harmony vocal was shaky but on the right track.

I am not feeling the muse lately, but others are, and it is inspiring to hear cool new music still coming out of my unknown heroes here.
steban

Postby slywitt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:04 am

Attachments
toTheSky_rc1.mp3
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
slywitt

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:19 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...