11 pages last song on album ....

This is the place to go for preliminary critiques if you're interested in getting some community feedback on improvements to your song BEFORE entering it into the Audiopolis Review System. Don't come in expecting nothing but praise - this is a place to get advice and learn about making your tunes better.

Re: 11 pages last song on album ....

Postby ptalbot » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:39 am

Yeah, that's much better!
I generally find that unless you have a kick and a bass, there's nothing under 100hz that has any value, it's only mud and certainly not warmth.
It clutters your mix and eat up headroom. You still have plenty of warmth in that track, don't worry!
ptalbot

Re: 11 pages last song on album ....

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:32 am

ptalbot wrote:Yeah, that's much better!
I generally find that unless you have a kick and a bass, there's nothing under 100hz that has any value, it's only mud and certainly not warmth.
It clutters your mix and eat up headroom. You still have plenty of warmth in that track, don't worry!

so gone are the days where a song posted for help in the forum would get an immediate 30 or more ideas. hate to say I told you so but ....

anyway, thanks for the help pat and hud. I'm basically calling it a done deal and I'm pretty content with it now, considering my limited talents on things not vocal.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Previous

Return to Works in progress