[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - "Fly": A new tune from Krispy and Ingo

"Fly": A new tune from Krispy and Ingo

This is the place to go for preliminary critiques if you're interested in getting some community feedback on improvements to your song BEFORE entering it into the Audiopolis Review System. Don't come in expecting nothing but praise - this is a place to get advice and learn about making your tunes better.

"Fly": A new tune from Krispy and Ingo

Postby ingolee » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:08 pm

We have been collabing on this song for a while now and we really need some advice and feedback when you have a minute.

fly.mp3
(5.71 MiB) Downloaded 175 times
ingolee

Re: "Fly": A new tune from Krispy and Ingo

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:15 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ingolee » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:00 pm

ingolee

Postby zxyz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:58 am

At first I didn't "get it", a little out of my league. Then later Krispy's hauntingly beautiful voice was echoing in my head over and over .. I listened to it again tonight and it was different, like a totally different song. Strange, the metamorphosis .. I like it very much now . The chord progression was what I wasn't used to . Very inventive.. I heard a few things I would add .. just my .02 .. @ 1:23 I could hear some sparkle almost ghostly effects to the echo of the voice, instead of almost dry .. and @ 2:43 a "distant" ..if you will.. heavy metal- ish guitar, but not overwhelming, just to add a "chart-effect" and a different texture .. Overall the song grew on me tremendously, more than I would have expected. Very Nice, Guys.
-edit-
And.. now listening to it again just now, Kim I would come in stronger at the intro. Your voice at the very beginning of the song is a little low in volume. You need a stronger entrance, imho .
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby ingolee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:24 am

ingolee

Postby steban » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:31 am

"...it's not about direction but how high...feel the disconnection. Just fly..."

That was the first line that grabbed me. I'm still thinking about that! Musically this is like Gino Vannelli or Robert Palmer smart jazzy pop arrangements with Kim's intelligent lyrics rather conservatively delivered. I'm thinking there should be some more reverb/echo on some lines to keep abreast of the synths. There are already a lot of really sweet spots with stereo and some natural effects.

The first verse was tough to follow, I think perhaps a little more forward or high end, but I felt I was missing some key thing at "was an alien sight" part. All very subtle and not everywhere. This is a problem with unexpected creative wordplay. In the most poetic parts it might be best to overcompensate.

'She' now reminds me of Dominique Angelique. An ambitious arrangement and melody, very likable.

Now that's not near the review zxyz gave, or ceej, but I did sense some of the same things, all quite independently.
steban

Postby Krispy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:13 am

Thanks so much everyone for all that thoughful feedback. I'm feeling quite humbled actually.

Getting the vocals level right is something Ned and I have been grappling with for ages, so it's good to a get a fresh and objective view on that.
Lots of ideas and thoughts to consider here. Looks like we're heading toward that Mix28, eh Ned? :|
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby ingolee » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:50 pm

ingolee

Postby suedepudding » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:10 am

I am late to the party.. but I really like this. I dig the jazz feel to it and the rhythm section is great. I love the rubbery bass sound and the drums really groove.

One thing I would fix, which I think has been said in this thread, is to crank up the vox a bit. It sounds like it needs a few dbs all around. The only other thing I can think of is to maybe support the melody a bit on the verses with the piano more.. but sparsely. A riff or a few notes here and there that bounces off the vox melody might really hook it up. The vibes might also be able to do the same thing for the vox melody hook up thing instead of the piano.
suedepudding

Postby Krispy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:10 am

:mrgreen:
Krispy

Postby ingolee » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:32 pm

ingolee

Postby Peevette » Mon May 26, 2014 10:22 pm

How has this tune coming along....?? Too late to give feed back?
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby Krispy » Tue May 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Krispy

Postby ingolee » Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

ingolee

Postby Peevette » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Next

Return to Works in progress