[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - It Takes

It Takes

This is the place to go for preliminary critiques if you're interested in getting some community feedback on improvements to your song BEFORE entering it into the Audiopolis Review System. Don't come in expecting nothing but praise - this is a place to get advice and learn about making your tunes better.

It Takes

Postby lcuddy12 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Ok, so I've been trying to get feedback on the attached song (It Takes) in the review system but it takes so long (and yes I've done reviews) so I figured I'd try posting it here.

I appreciate any assistance on what direction I might take the song, or if it works as is.
Attachments
It Takes.mp3
(5.31 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
lcuddy12

Re: It Takes

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:23 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby lcuddy12 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Ok thanks. The last time I was in a band the Garageband website was big, and that's where I got my music reviewed. That system was really fast, and the more reviews you did the more reviews you got. So I guess I'm just used to faster reviews.

Not that I don't appreciate audiopolis, and the review I have is very informative. I'll do a couple more reviews sometime soon.
lcuddy12

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:02 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm gonna save my comments for the wonderful Audiopolis review system.

No, really. I actually do reviews. :mrgreen:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:47 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby lcuddy12 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:07 am

Holy shit! Suddenly we're getting reviews like everyday! I stand corrected... I have to do my part now and do some reviews...
lcuddy12

Postby lcuddy12 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:08 am

The garageband guys lied to us?
lcuddy12

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:31 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:21 am

Ok, I'll review your song here Icuddy12 here because I don't do all the checkmark boxes and "do you like song 1 a little vs song 2 " stuff over on the official review forum (and I probably couldn't find it over there even if I looked) ..

Very nice and original song melody and vocals (and I don't say that easily because I'm a hard-rock fan) but I listened to it all the way through (which is unusual for me) and really liked it. The drum track could be crisper in the beginning to add interest then brought down (I do like the restraint on the drums during the main progression of the song). The "bass" needs a little depth, but not too much to make it muddy. The extra reverb in the bridge vocals is unexpected, but could do with a more unexpected effect (e.g. like flange) if slight shock is the desired effect. All in all an enjoyable listen!
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Krispy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:49 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 am

-post removed -- :beer: --wheeeeeee ---------------
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby lcuddy12 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:46 am

lcuddy12

Postby lcuddy12 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:49 am

Thanks xxyx. Appreciate the feedback. I definitely want to redo the drum track and try to think of a more original bass. We don't have a drummer right now so we're using a drum machine and Fruity Loops. One question if you happen to come back to this. Do you think the song could use another part? Could there be a chorus after that bridge?
lcuddy12

Return to Works in progress