"Come Around Again"

This is the place to go for preliminary critiques if you're interested in getting some community feedback on improvements to your song BEFORE entering it into the Audiopolis Review System. Don't come in expecting nothing but praise - this is a place to get advice and learn about making your tunes better.

"Come Around Again"

Postby PopTodd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:12 pm

This is really just a demo; nothing that I'm going to re-work for final presentation or anything. But I am completely re-recording it for an EP that I am working on. Just want to all to hear the song and let me know what you think.
"Come Around Again"
Thanks!
PopTodd

Re: "Come Around Again"

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 pm

nothing wrong ... lots right. demo values for sure though ...needing lots of tightening up on quite a bit but ....

very upbeat. very cool verse melody at first but I wonder if it might need some mixing up to stave off a little redundancy by the end of the song? even though it's short - I get the feeling it might wear a bit thin on repeated listens. the chorus is wanting to be infectious but it's missing a little something. it may be the lack of really nailing the "hey" that's a bit of a bother ... something that might be balanced by using a staggered group of harmonies on the hey ... hey hEY HEY .. .60's styled - maybe beatlesquelike.

like the lead interlude, even the dirt tube sound ...also tho, wonder if a C section (bridge) vocally might break up the verse melody thought I had earlier. something that seems to be related but holding a bit different melodic vibe. the breakdown helps - works even - but it's still keeping in line totally with what came before.

but with all that said - as is, I'm still liking it a lot, just sorta wishing it would make more of itself. good luck on the redux.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Jay » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:33 am

It's a fun ditty, but I'm almost certain you could come up with a more interesting verse melody.
Prunes!
Jay

Postby Steve Ison » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 am

Todd..I really like this..Charming n intuitive..Vocal melody works fine for me on the verse - its great-def don't change that..The whole songs v repetitive n dittyish - but its cool and i like it swimming in my head ...
I actually really like the production you'vwe got now-but look forward to hearing the finished thing
Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Return to Works in progress