Money is freedom of choice

This is the place to go for preliminary critiques if you're interested in getting some community feedback on improvements to your song BEFORE entering it into the Audiopolis Review System. Don't come in expecting nothing but praise - this is a place to get advice and learn about making your tunes better.

Money is freedom of choice

Postby steban » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:29 am

Well, I think this has some characteristics of Rich Tycoon, seems to be one of my trademark PF wannabe sounds, which I don't think always sound so great.

This time I'm liking the lyrics thus far as well as the drums and the bass and the guitar (all me- yes, I can play guitar again, so to speak) and the synths, but the chaos at this stage is frightening.

Experimental? Alternative Rock? As is? WIP? Thanks in advance.

Money is freedom of speech-04.mp3
(6.78 MiB) Downloaded 171 times
everyone is in the middle
we all run at different speeds
everyone has special talents
everyone is special needs
steban

Re: Money is freedom of choice

Postby Steve Ison » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:02 am

Steban..I really like the moodiness and atmosphere you created and the first 2 verses were great..Its like you were in control of the wild beast on those 2 , but after that the stallion of chaos reared up n rode off and you totally lost control of the reins..
I actually really like the 'money is freedom of speech' souly vocal bit you do later too-but i really wish this was some proper structure-and another chord change here..It really feels underdeveloped as it is, like a doodled instrumental you've just sung over..
Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Re: Money is freedom of choice

Postby steban » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:24 am

You can just copy this if you ever review it officially, Steve!

Steve Ison wrote:Steban..I really like the moodiness and atmosphere you created and the first 2 verses were great..Its like you were in control of the wild beast on those 2 , but after that the stallion of chaos reared up n rode off and you totally lost control of the reins..
I actually really like the 'money is freedom of speech' souly vocal bit you do later too-but i really wish this was some proper structure-and another chord change here..It really feels underdeveloped as it is, like a doodled instrumental you've just sung over..

You hit it on the head, the final half to third feels doodled and repetitious, stressed. I don't really have an idea yet for that, but I know exactly what you mean. At the time I was excited by the first part I was ignoring the ending, I suppose.

It's funny, I hadn't heard this song in a while, so I'd forgotten how it went, so I had to play it again. Now I am freshly tempted to toy with it. All it takes is a fitting angle (not angel), thinking outside the box required.
everyone is in the middle
we all run at different speeds
everyone has special talents
everyone is special needs
steban

Return to Works in progress