[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Vincent Leeds - What do u suppose it means

Vincent Leeds - What do u suppose it means

Vincent Leeds - What do u suppose it means

Postby steban » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:56 pm

As I mentioned, I'll be visiting Vincent next month, and he's been busy since Garageband. Here's an original song. In my opinion he is getting his production and performance to a fine level nowadays, and he has a sweet collection of songs now which range from rock to folk, even some electronica, this one will give you an idea of his guitar and rock sound.

If you are worried that he sounds like me, don't be. He is very tight. He is also unemployed at the moment, so if you are interested, he is selling his CDs for $6 including shipping.

What do u suppose it means mp3.mp3
(5.04 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
steban

Re: Vincent Leeds - What do u suppose it means

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:05 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby steban » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:42 pm

He's got a lot of songs, cj, and I'm not sure where they all are but here's an iLike playlist, leftover from GB.

He has songs for sale at lulu.

http://www.lulu.com/browse/search.php?f ... cent+leeds

I'm hoping to coax him into joining us here, not that it means any sales! Oh well, don't we all...

You know, you consider this a good demo, and what if that is as far as we go, us true indies? Seems he considers none of his songs ever finished, so new tracks, new editing, might go on for years. I have heard new ones, though, and I think like most of us he is getting better at getting the production down.

I thank you for the vocal compliment, ceej, I may deserve it on a good day. He has a voice that is distinctive, not beautiful, and that counts for something. I think he is just now taming his vocals, in the past seemed he tried a lot of doubling, and it was OK but more hit and miss.

But back to the demo point you make- I know this is true, but the question might not be is it true but to what degree does it matter anymore? Before desktop production there was a huge difference between pro studio and home studio recordings. Hiss, dropouts, 4-tracks, etc., were givens for the home.

But now even idiots like myself can produce the illusion of great/good production on a lucky day. Someone such as yourself can go several steps further, to the point it is down to preferences, and then we all just find ourselves liking one over another and which is the best version is debatable. This fact of our AR experiment is promising, we might need to learn to be happier with more imperfection and more controversy.

We might need to encourage listeners to be happier as well because the price paid for perfect production might not be worth it. There are a lot of songs that indies make in home studios that are way more exciting on creative levels than the relative few that get the full pro treatment and airplay.

I don't consider that an admission that label is better than indie, just a statement that label is now slightly better in production as a whole, much better in production in many cases, but indie is way ahead in songwriting and even performance. Indie far outnumbers label now. There are so many songs out there on both sides that one always has to wade through a lot to discover what you like- just go to a record store, close your eyes, and grab a record or a CD. Not very likely you will think highly of your blind pick!
steban

Postby Vincent Leeds » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Steve,
Thanx for all these good words, I am so glad I got to meet ya both, I had a good time wish you were closer, I have been sendin my new songs to you via eMail, are you back from your trip? are ya gettin them?
How are you feelin? Kinda cracked up a bit when we met last, are you gettin the songs I've been sendin?
thanx for everything
Vincent Leeds
Vincent Leeds

Return to iMER 2011