[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - The best lyric what I ever wrote

The best lyric what I ever wrote

Got a story behind your song? Be it technical or creatively speaking? Wanna talk about it? Do it. Here.

Re: The best lyric what I ever wrote

Postby Mark Kaufman » Wed May 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Mark Kaufman

Postby Krispy » Thu May 19, 2011 6:28 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby pharquartt » Thu May 19, 2011 7:02 am

the problem with this thread is it's hard to quantify "best" or, at the very least, to define it.

my snippet was what i thought was the best "fit" for a particular tune and style yet other lyrics i might think are "better" would have no reference without the music. at least to me.

otherwise, we're comparing poetry to prose. it really depends on the musical coloring behind the lyric, doesn't it?
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Peevette » Thu May 19, 2011 10:34 am

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby Krispy » Thu May 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Krispy

Postby Krispy » Thu May 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Krispy

Postby Mark Kaufman » Thu May 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Mark Kaufman

Postby cjdenecia » Wed May 25, 2011 11:19 pm

I've written loads of really decent twisted lines and funked words up to make similar non words and phrases that don't seem to make sense yet do and all that rot ...

here's one I stumbled on tonight that I like. from a song entitled "elbows and assholes" from cranial sabotage.

someone's always getting it and one some's name is you, pray that someday you can be someone instead of you.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby cjdenecia » Wed May 25, 2011 11:41 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby jaymz » Thu May 26, 2011 12:56 am

I just have a lot of little one liners. Each one of these is from a different song...

"I think I've lost my own originality."

"This could be the saddest song you never heard."

"With the damage and the sin covered up, what's the best for us? lock the shed and shut up!
Answers are prepared, shock is cast with tears, this moments' filled with years we can start to throw away."

"Through fights, shots and slow motion clocks, I'm playing the part till memories start dying in collisions where nobody save's goodbye's."

"I remember dancing on the high-rise floors of glass and looking down on coastal skies. We would watch the lonely people walking down the streets they have no motives, no fake replies."

"You're designing an addiction, screaming at us your situation. You never realize you've made your own disaster, wanting extra-ordinary social sympathy and you want so bad, the believers and the lovers who are never coming back."

"Somewhere on the third floor rented through the back door, sort of under aged, I heard you being paged or so the video shows. Variations on a theme line living on the B-side, how many times have you wrapped your faithful lips around lies?"

"I'd like to take advantage of you just once in a while".

"So how does it feel, does it feel good and are you sympathetic? Do you give yourself time to forget that you have never been so...."

"I like the way that your breathing sounds, it's like a note to my ear that's never been found."

"I think it's goin down tonight..."

"Have a happy parabellum day."

"Lonely tramp, gypsy love, walk to me, beg for blood... I think you've lost your mind. Sex pierced underground alter ego's been around, in the end no one really gives a fuck."

"The parrots are falling, the fish are crawling."

"I want to be invisible in the spotlight where you can see me and stagehands are able though the cast is not stable. Here's the Show - Box office fans who still love you, you're so famous in my design.

"Can you hear me when I pray? And of all the thoughts that move through my mind dancing in 3/4ths time running into each other at the end of the play. I don't know just what to give you, when attention is all that i've got, still I'm out of breath and I'm scared to death that right now you're not."

"The T.V. screams I'm afraid that it seems soon the static's gonna break through and shatter the screen. So I, now belong to this radio song like a 1933 stepping stone."
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Peevette » Thu May 26, 2011 10:46 am

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Previous

Return to Behind the Music (AR.com style)