[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Like Stealing

Like Stealing

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

Re: Like Stealing

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:03 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Jay » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:16 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby Mark Kaufman » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:05 pm

OK, haven't read a word yet.

First off, I like. It's quirky and doesn't really flow...because it's sort of halting on purpose. And I like that.

The boxy treatment of the vocal is the right direction...but it's not really pulled off as well as I suspect it's imagined...this is where I wish I had a professional engineer in my pocket. It's better than I could do for sure... but there's something missing in that particular sound, and I don't know how to make it fuller, or widen it out somehow without losing that nice narrow EQ sound... I hear it, but I cannot prescribe a cure.

I adore the chorus.

So interesting...in a good way. I like how this song offers a lot of surprise and unexpected directions.

Instruments are spot on--great bass especially. This is a perfect album track...my favorite music. Not a hit, but a buried treasure. Gorgeous vocal again. Bears a lot more listens...

Nice work, Refugees. :)
Mark Kaufman

Postby Krispy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:33 am

Thanks for all the reviews; a pleasant surprise. :D
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Krispy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:01 pm

By the way, I've taken my reviewing arse over to Audiopolis so if y'all want my special kinda love upload your sh*t there. :mrgreen:
Krispy

Postby Steve Soucy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:43 am

I'm not fond of the Dj stuff scratching. Sounds outta context.

The chorus is wonderfully fun, big and appropriate. Loving the hell out of the bass. Drums seems not lofi enough at times, and then other times, I wish they were more real.

Verse melody still sounds like an experiment, it feels like it's not solid, like Kim's not exactly sure what to sing. Maybe like the verse chord progression is trying to hard to be different/avant garde,

It sure pops into the chorus. Then I want to go back and sing along. Sounds a bit like a Jellyfishy track and I love that.

So a few hundred hours of collective effort later, all I can say is, fucking eh dudes! I'm glad you worked so hard at it, hope you love it and that I hope lots of other people do too.

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby Krispy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 am

Much appreciated rare review from Saucy.

Krispy

Postby Jay » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Prunes!
Jay

Previous

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)