[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Strawberry Fields Forever

Strawberry Fields Forever

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

Re: Strawberry Fields Forever

Postby Mark Kaufman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Mark Kaufman

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:39 pm

.... super mini review sort of talk talk ...

it's obviously close to the cuff. and accurate. and excellent. subtle differences but great attention to as much detail as possible. must have taken huge amounts of study and experimentation to come this close. just a fine overall rep.

but .... I don't recall the sudden switch from doubled LV's to single. and in this close a cover, tho I love your voice and would guess you performed it nearly note for note and nuance for nuance, I find your vocal a bit distracting cus you don't sound at all like lennon ... yeah, that's picky as hell and I know you're not a mime singer but that does stick out to me. without dissing dead ol' john, you're just too smooth and don't have his edge. you have your own but it's not like his - and that, to me, detracts somehow.

picky - yes. unfair - yes. but still a factor in my listen.

but complete appreciation for what ya'll did with it. truly - in it's own essence as a beatles cover with a different singer, a great copy. I'd sure as hell hire you guys for ads, spots, jingles and soundtracks. great work.

........ but yeah, I much prefer to listen to koff and company originals for the pure indie value. tho I must also say that despite any misgivings by anyone - whatever we decided some months back about covers in the review forum should be the standard. but damned if I can recall exactly what we decided. does anyone else recall? seems like it was with some hud stuff we discussed it ...
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby HUD » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:58 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:02 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby mistertroll » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:02 am

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Previous

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)