[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - I'm Just an...

I'm Just an...

The old AudioRefugee Review Forum - where we kept the fire burning for a few years while we were building the Audiopolis Review System and website.

Re: I'm Just an...

Postby Liquidirt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:37 am

Haha! How cool was this little gem! :beer: Nice goin kiddies!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer."
Liquidirt

Postby Krispy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:16 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Nipples are good. That'd be a good name for a band. "The Nipples" ..
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby slywitt » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina
slywitt

Postby slywitt » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:23 pm

I finally got around to listening to this. I was pleasantly surprised. I like it enough that I'm kicking myself for not getting involved but I don't know what I might have added.

I liked the 'I'm just an audio refugee' chorus a lot, even though it was so 'done before'...and the synth accent was smile inducing.

Overall it seemed quite cohesive and had that 'supergroup' feel to it... think 'travelling willburys'... There were a few moments where it seemed like it was about to fall apart, but y'all brought it back together quite nicely. Kim hit some Chrissy Hynde moments, which I enjoyed.. and if that was HUD in the second verse... kudo's!!
Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina
slywitt

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:07 am

yet again - I have no clue if this is available in the USA but there's an absolutely fabulous documentary on petty happening on BBC4.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00scr6s

Peter Bogdanovich's epic portrait of one of America's great heartland rock 'n' roll bands.

I suppose it's dated. except of course unless you have any kind of actual ear for greatness.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby mistertroll » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:59 am

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:43 am

What the Flock does this have to do with our GREAT SONG "I'M JUST AN AUDIO REFUGEE ... " Ahh well.. I guess I'll have to go to page 1 an' listen to it again. Alas, it's been a few months. ..
..unless this is our remake of Petty's song, in case of therewhich I would be terribly embarr-ass-ed .. ..
.. i'll go check .. . . .
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:51 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:12 am

No it wasn't, it was our orig song. Duh. Great Song. :thumb:
zxyz

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:27 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:36 am

I did a re-master on your master on record-store tonite cj-- chek it out ! :D ..and don't replace it.
zxyz

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:44 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:51 am

it's down the road to your left. 2nd corner on the right. right past the liquour store. in front of the barber-quartet shop.
zxyz

PreviousNext

Return to REVIEWS! (Pre-Audiopolis Review System Days)