[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Just thought you might want to know that

Just thought you might want to know that

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

Re: Just thought you might want to know that

Postby ptalbot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:47 pm

ptalbot

Postby HUD » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:05 pm

The gap has definitely narrowed between what people can accomplish at home verses pro studios. 5 grand and loads of know-how will take you very far at home - not saying I'm there yet (lacking in both areas). The major advantage to home recording is being able to take your time and be creative, replace parts that don't hold up over time, not being on somebody's clock for studio time.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby ptalbot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:10 pm

ptalbot

Postby HUD » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Yes, you can definitely get very respectable recordings on far far less than 5 grand, and I think a lot of us are to that point. But the glossy produced sheen of a pro recording costs a lot more. Of course, a pro quality recording means nothing if the substance isn't there. Performance, after countless hours (years) of honing musicianship and ideas, well thought out and organized are more important than anything else.
Maybe the on-the-clock verses plenty of time approach would be analogous to the difference between early Beatles on a tight touring schedule, getting it all done in a day verses later Beatles, when they could take all the time in the world at Abbey Road to get what they wanted - and the latter situation is what we enjoy when we're at home rather than paying $30 and hour (for a bargain), hoping we nail it quickly, and maybe having to settle on something we regret later. Of course when the Beatles made their Please Please Me LP in a day, they'd been performing all the songs for ages, and it's a no-brainer that one would have to be extremely well-rehearsed prior to booking studio time.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby ptalbot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:50 pm

ptalbot

Previous

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!