[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Z's new album on iTunes +

Z's new album on iTunes +

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

Z's new album on iTunes +

Postby zxyz » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:15 am

Ok.. I'm gonna ignore this negative shit going on .. ***spam alert *** .. My new album will be available on iTunes in a week or 2 ...
(I couldn't have dunnitt without you guys) .
Cheerz ..

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Re: so then ....

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:41 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:43 am

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:27 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:24 pm

zxyz

Postby zxyz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:08 pm

ok-- here's 4 including one Roxi played drums on (I gave him credit for that) ..
converted to mp3 tho sounds like sht -- more than they already do :]
I'm NOT posting these for a critique .. LIE TO ME and tell me how good they are .. I don't want my widdle feelings hurt anymore here :cry: lol

Tonights Song_mp3.mp3
Tonight's Song
(4.19 MiB) Downloaded 122 times

Roxi Funk_mp3.mp3
Roxi Funk
(5.31 MiB) Downloaded 112 times

Record Store_mp3.mp3
Record Store
(4.5 MiB) Downloaded 104 times
Attachments
The Golden Key_mp3.mp3
The Golden Key
(4.25 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
zxyz

Postby steban » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:15 pm

I'll check them out, z, just been audio challenged on my PC and laptop, have to download to a mp3 player and listen on it, just a bit of a hassle.....
steban

Postby zxyz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks Stebs.. I'll look forward to your review :) The whole album may suck, but at least I got one out there.. it only took me 58 years but it's now checked off of the bucket list ..

.. sorry for the thread derailment .. now back to the tragic events taking place ...
zxyz

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:36 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Wow, thanks CJ !! .. oh, I forgot I said "lie to me" .. hehe .. well, thanks anyway, I appreciate it :thumb:
zxyz

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:49 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:24 am

Thanks CJ .. it's been a fun run. I hope that this is not the end, but if it is, I'm sure that I'll see you and the rest of the fine folks here around some other boards somewhere sometime .. it's not like it's really the end . .
Cheers :beer:
-and PS -- I think you're a damn fine singer too :thumb:
zxyz

Postby Krispy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:01 am

That was a beautiful moment.

I will listen to your tunes Zee but I have just spent an hour online and if I don't get off my arse now the blood in my legs will start clotting. :(
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:08 am

Yes that was a moving moment wasn't it :love: ..
anyway, cj, I took your advice and moved the album to other stores : Rhapsody, Amazon MP3, iHeart Radio, Google Play and Slacker (all for $11.88usd .. not a bad deal ) so's it's not just on iTunes anymore ..
Take care of those legs Kim .. we don't need no cloggin' goin' on 'round here unless it's some groovy dance moves ..
zxyz

Postby steban » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:37 pm

Finally got a chance to check all four songs out, zxyz. They are a good representation of your style and skills, guitar and bass at the forefront. It is comforting to know classic rock ala ZZ Top and Aerosmith are not gone from new music, I hope folks looking for that find your songs.

I enjoyed them all, although I still think Record Store is my fav, but then I am a sucker for fun lyrics, and this is so nostalgic.

The Golden Key, however, is the most developed, although the vocals were a tad low for my old ears. But there's just a lot of harmonics and runs going on that are just cool.

Roxi Funk reminds me of Walk This Way musically, strong rhythm and super tight guitar, and then there's these extreme bass solos, a real groove tune.

Tonight's Song is also a groover, staying close to the bone, melodious guitar with a stark chord structure, doesn't try to get too fancy.

Your trademark sound is solid development without seeking to infuse other genres in order to make your musical statement. Where others might in the name of trying to be original deviate from the norm, you deviate within the norm. Your roots grow deep, and yet I think you have avoided the pitfall of excessively long jams and in so doing provide almost a pop format the masses with a shorter attention span might enjoy.

I listened to them loud on headphones, too, and that is what I suggest is best.
steban

Next

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!