[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - New music from the audiopolis admin team ....

New music from the audiopolis admin team ....

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

Re: New music from the audiopolis admin team ....

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:45 pm

so it's a double barrel shotgun on these last two ....

this one is BLACK KISS. and with it, the album is done.

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby steban » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:15 am

Those both were solid rockers, ceej, retro with a lot of sophisticated vocal effects that yank it out of just a revisit to somewhere between 70s-80s.

Soul Smile is probably my favorite of the the two, probably the melody itself swaying me. I've only heard them once, so this is a very early reaction. Black Kiss is right there on the cusp of what I like, your singing is quite likable for this style of guitar rock, which is perhaps just a little too consistent/unvaried in its role driving the song, I don't know what it is exactly I'm listening for, maybe that thing that is in only some songs by anybody in any genre, no matter how talented. That combination of music and idea and surprise that gets you every time, unless it happens to be so overplayed on radio/etc that you now can't stand it.

For me Soul Smile was closer, possibly some daring mixing and stereo separation that I have to get used to but that might actually be a huge positive as it makes the song sound more different while not being too out there.

But in the scheme of the entire album, they are a strong pair to end with. One of these days I'll have to go back and listen to the whole thing in order (as I came from a time where that mattered much more).

There is a lot of passion in the project apparent. That doesn't mean every song will satisfy every musical desire by every listener, but isn't it nice to know your voice still can handle it? I'm not sure what's up next, but you have many possibilities.
steban

Postby HUD » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Well then... "Black Kiss" actually has some of your best vocals I've heard, modern day or otherwise. It's like you're so Alice Cooper at the beginning, I can just see you spitting down the front of the manniquin and stooping twixt its legs to catch the spit running down back into your mouth (yeah, saw AC do that very thing in person).
Soooo ridiculously over the top on this one, throughout. If I need to pick at something, it's probably that, although the vocal layerings are creative and well-executed, there's just too much of this one guy's voice where they dove-tailed back & forth in particular. I've noticed some other cj tracks that have this wall-to-wall cj thing that feels a little cram-packed. I actually think dove-tailed one-guy vocals just bugs me in principal though; there are a few songs by a fave singer of mine that bug me that way. Get some different voices involved and it's much better for me.
Anyway, I do find this despicable character most likeable.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:20 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:36 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:33 pm

...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:50 pm

Ailwyn Rees

Postby HUD » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:17 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:29 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:36 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:51 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:28 pm

Ailwyn Rees

Postby steban » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:10 pm

So one question- what's the 11th page? (10 songs)

I probably missed it on a band page....

Is this like The Thompson Twins?
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:58 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:14 pm

That crack of a snare takes a bit of getting used to. At first it felt like too much of a drum machine. I would've heard more at the thud end. But isn't this Gregg's favourite kit? Anyway I got used to it.
Obviously I've heard this about 1,000 times but mostly outside headphones. Half the street know the chorus lyrics.
I think this is my favourite; in the same way that So Sorry is my favourite in that other band which I think was called The Diki Black Experience. And that is that I like it Heavy, man but also this is the doighty Yankee voice that hooked me back when I was a girl. Dark, primordial in a shallow swamp laying in wait like an alligator with a hairy chest.
I like that the songs seems slower than it should be, has that dragging feet feel. Good tried & tested R'n'R subject matter (like Cliff Richard's Devil Woman). Lovely guitars, quite catchy melody. Not bad for an old bloke. :rock:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

PreviousNext

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!