[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Mink Stolen: The Sci-Fi Musical

Mink Stolen: The Sci-Fi Musical

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

Re: Mink Stolen: The Sci-Fi Musical

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:26 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:13 am

Scary!

Image[/URL]
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby ingolee » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:22 pm

ingolee

Postby Krispy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Now that the AP upload problem is fixed I'm looking forward to seeing a cj review very soon.
Krispy

Postby steban » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:40 am

My goodness! I thought I had been scouring the site for signs of progress, and this whole thread slipped right by me.

Now I have to go listen on my laptop as my sound now on my old PC only works when my laptop is connected, and I've been using it to watch my first blu-rays in the living room, so needless to say I'm excited.

And I'm glad to hear the upload situation is improving, I'd been trying periodically. Thanks, ceej!

And thank you HUD, sound unheard, I have never heard anything from you less than stellar, yes, some things that were not my style, but anyone who bases a song on weeping angels is forever a musical hero in my book.

My wife and I've been under the weather for the last week, sniffling and coughing and stuff, moving slow but overjoyed with family and friends, and here I feel like I'm about to unwrap my big present.
steban

Postby steban » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:48 am

That added a little more intensity to the battle scenes, HUD! Kim, your vocals have been given a masculine harmony in places that does increase the diversity. Is there anything I wish were slightly different? Possibly, I have listened to the original so many times I had acclimatized to it, so I still have a soft spot for the way it was. But overall I like the sound effects and do think they are a cool addition.

So I assume, Ingo, you will proceed to incorporate this into Part 4 and the long full version, and soon we can declare it done.

This is something that could be altered almost ad infinitum, but as is it has a very definitive character I find appealing, and this change doesn't detract from that whatsoever, manages to fit right in rather naturally.

Yes we probably will add dozens of new fans! I jest, but it is certainly an unusual work, and in a strange coincidental way we have done this while other mainstream artists like Lana del Ray, Beyonce and Janelle Monae have been releasing long thematic works, so perhaps there is a pop pressure to challenge the current music listeners to try to tolerate something longer than 5 minutes. I'm not kidding myself that there is any broad paradigm shift afoot, but perhaps more people will find these efforts worthy of their time, perhaps other artists will envy the artistic status jump that will be awarded those who go beyond. I sure do love to dream!
steban

Postby steban » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Mink Stolen Part 1 of 5- Camelot Bound has been uploaded!

Stay tuned for the rest soon!

I want everybody to know how much fun this was for all of us, and I wish everybody here can enjoy the full Audio Refugee experience it in 2014.
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:13 am

congrats stebs, you are finally part of something very professional and you actually fit in well. and that's all I have to say right now ....
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:52 am

Krispy

Postby ingolee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:39 pm

ingolee

Postby steban » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:42 pm

I finally got all the parts uploaded here and in the contest under Soundtrack. It will be interesting reviews when people get these out of order.

I did type quite a bit of stuff per song page, to preface the part and also the lyrics.

The story is not overly involved, but it does introduce a new universe, a new what if future that is not Star Trek, with its own tautology, and that is confusing until you learn a little. I hate to say it, but the 12 minute previous Tales of the Interstellar Fur Traders under Bankrupts here might help, but it is certainly not required. I think Part 1 sets everything up fairly succinctly, so there we go.

The big song with real singing by Krispy is in Part 3, so I hope everyone can stick it out as it is very cool, and Part 4 is when the action heats up.
steban

Postby steban » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:16 am

steban

Previous

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!