[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Phlogiston: Get the Picture

Phlogiston: Get the Picture

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

Phlogiston: Get the Picture

Postby Krispy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Our first in a year and a half.

Kinda suedey and kinda crispy.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Re: Phlogiston: Get the Picture

Postby ingolee » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Very cool, a hit I would say. Very sophisticated pop indeed. I was just about to complain about the length of the drum track when you put in a great break, I guess they call it a "drop" now? One minor quibble, the guitar solo is very good but maybe not appropriate to the feel of the rest of the song, maybe use more effects and less notes? But hey, it all works for me. :thumb:
ingolee

Postby Peevette » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:32 pm

I listened, but as an Audiopolis member I'd like to utilize my right to save any comments I have regarding this tune for the wonderful review program we have set up.

Glad your back in the saddle of tune creating... :)
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby Krispy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Any ideas for a genre? I picked Funk but cj says that's silly.
Krispy

Postby Krispy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 am

Okay, so I know it's early days (well, a week actually) but one response? If you don't like ME can't you at least remember that at at 50% of this was made by

And yeah, I get the busy lives thing...but I also know if you don't strike while the iron's hot how easy it is to forget. Our songs are never more than 3.5 minutes, how busy do you have to be? It's not like I expect 500 words of in-depth review, just a 'hit', 'miss or 'maybe' would satisfy.

Before you roll your eyes and talk about whining, remember how much time I spend commenting on your tunes.

I've had more interest on Facebook, no wonder everyone's fucked off there.

[And in the time you've spent reading this rant and thinking about how you're gonna insult me you could've listened to half the bloody song].

Oh, and thanks Ingo. I thought that about the solo at first but it quickly grew on me...Gregg has a gift for that.
Krispy

Postby mistertroll » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 am

Well, I didn't comment HERE, but elsewhere...
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby Krispy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:47 am

Yes you did mistertroll, and I took it as an endorsement (though I couldn't see it on your page...probably looking in the wrong place, the site still baffles me). Thank you.
Krispy

Postby Peevette » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 am

Peevette

Postby Peevette » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:03 am

Peevette

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:02 pm

ahhh cool. some good old fashioned confrontation. I like that .....

not sure why we're scratching away at old wounds but I'm obviously more than prepared to do so if the need arises - which it hopefully won't - but draggin' me into a conversation by assuming I'll say this or that probably isn't the best way to bring out my happy bunny hugs side now is it? and that I will leave at that (as of THIS writing).

but as far as anyone ignoring anyone is concerned, I do need to point out that anything hoss is involved in that is presented is bound to be slightly less concerning these days as he is not an active member of the site. I don't know that as fact but I am guessing. as far as my working my word magic over stuff you're doing peeve, sorry - ol' hoss made it clear that he didn't want me even listening to his stuff, much less writing reviews or even commenting in the least.

can't have that ol' cake and wanna enjoy it's moist sweet taste too. I'm just not doing what I was asked (or actually TOLD) not to do.

but that's just me - any others would have to talk the talk for themselves.

and one might say "well, cj hasn't even commented on his own wife's song". true. but I was trying to convince kim to re-genre it to a place where it can sit in my active audiopolis review queue. and of course, I do every review possible. (from the perspective of the system allowing it) .... if she doesn't do that, I will review it here. and worry about the blind review system when that comes around naturally.

but I know what I do has nothing to do with any of the rest of you. seriously. that's between you and the poster. and to be sure, while any of you are busy feeling some sort of pissedoffedness about what she said - maybe it wasn't you she was talking to and your self imposed guilt feelings are making you take the intent personally. maybe she was talking to some of the takers of the past who don't give no more now that they've gotten what they wanted out of us. or now that they've decided the whole review thing isn't what they want as much as a rah yeah pat on the back.

I dunno .... but I do know who contributes to our entire cause these days. and who doesn't. and I hope I've been truly appreciative in communications with those folks. I certainly haven't been rotten to those that don't and won't be now or in the future but in this world, like so many others - we reap what we sow.

you don't have to believe in karma to be affected by it.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Krispy

Postby mistertroll » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Like Peeve, I've been trying to save most of my comments on tunage for the review process, partly because I was under the impression that was the general consensus of what we wanted to do once we got the process up and running, rather than reviewing them in the forum. I've been doing reviews again lately, as have a few other people, evidenced by the fact that I did receive one review of a tune recently. There is really a pretty small handful of people who have done a significant number of reviews, just as we have a pretty small core group keeping the forum alive. I think Stebs has reviewed every tune in the queue, and cj may have. I'm only at about 90, but I'm trying to chip away with a few every week to catch up. Is there somewhere on-site to go and see in one place who has done how many reviews? I think that would be handy, at least for me.

I sent Kim a pm asking for her approval to post the newest tune on FB, which I assumed would imply my approval of the quality of the tune. I posted a link to it on my personal and music pages on 3/9. Unfortunately, posting our AP player on FB just shows up as a link to the site, rather than a player with the song title and artist, at least on the browser that I use. It does go to the song, but the way it displays does not give readers a clue to that. It got one "Like" on each page (one of them from our old friend Roxybeast). CJ may be able to go in somewhere and find out how many listens it got. I had hoped that with 4500 Facebook Friends and 1800 Fans, there would be a mini-stampede, but apparently that's not the case. I've got 3,000 business cards out there with the AP link on them, and those don't seem to have generated a lot of excitement either.

I'm occasionally tempted to think we are riding a dinosaur here, as most of the peer review sites I have been familiar with have folded. I can't even find c0ncensus.com anymore, although it may just be that it's been so long since I visited that I'm not remembering the proper address for it. I'm certainly not ready to give up on what we are doing here, but it seems that we need some kind of a hook to get people in here.

I'm still buying lottery tickets, with part of my dream being throwing some funds towards making AP into a contender for interwebnet musical attention. Word of mouth, internet-style, is really the only publicity we have access to presently.

We need an internet equivalent of running naked through the streets, screaming "Look at me! Look at me!".
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:00 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby steban » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:24 am

Well, for some reason I just spotted this thread, Krispy, I think because I don't expect to see anything new in Introducing... you and your music!

But I will say I enjoyed the song both musically and lyrically. It has a Eurythmics vibe for me, and with headphones the bass was pulsatingly intense.

I'm not sure if it is Funk. Dance or Alternative. But Funk is good, too, I suppose.
steban

Postby Krispy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:29 am

Krispy

Next

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!