[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Just saying hello

Just saying hello

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

Just saying hello

Postby Druuna » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:01 am

Just saying hello. I'm a 50 year old relic from the 80's and 90' music scene who plays bass guitar. I waded back into music a few years ago when my two sons had left home and were on their own. One is a senior in college now and one is in the Army, just back from his 4th deployment.
My wife played keyboards but had largely lost interest in them so I started noodling on them. I managed to put together a few songs, even though they are a little strange I think they may have a life as soundtrack music.
Druuna

Re: Just saying hello

Postby Peevette » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Welcome to Audiopolis, Druuna!!!
I'd like to encourage you to listen to the music on the site and participate in the reviewing program we have. We'd also love to hear any music you might have to offer!! Do not hesitate to load your tunes onto the sight!

I look forward in getting to know you better!!
:beer:
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:11 am

hey dru ...or is it lenny?

great to have you aboard, this site is built exactly for people like you and many others of different backgrounds. a good place to share and share alike (like peeve said) and we're absolutely stoked to have new blood to dissect and enjoy and visa versa.

I also know (cus I see things others don't as site admin with my other official screen name starsky) that you've actually got music up and have gotten a few reviews. soon, we're flipping a switch that makes your participation on the site directly affect the frequency of your songs reviews in the queue so it will behoove you to get involved on the reviewing side too! in other words, what you give will directly affect what you get. plus - it can be fun and you're bound to hear something you like when you review enough songs.

but on the getting side - I know I actually have reviewed at least one of your songs and I wasn't unimpressed about a lot of the tune .... and it's truly interesting to get some background as you've supplied here.

have fun man. make your music. post it. take part across the board. maybe you'll get something beneficial out of it all!
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Druuna » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:25 am

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
It is actually Lenny - I think I managed to give myself two user names.
I looking forward to doing some reviews. I'm not much of a wordsmith so I'm putting some thought into how to I might write them. I've dealt with critiques for years in my other passion -art, so I don't take them personally. I have however, seen artistic people take criticism very badly so I want to make sure I can stand behind what I say. I also want to read more reviews of others to get a better feel for how things are done here.
Druuna

Postby Krispy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!