[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - The Strangest Feeling VIDEO

The Strangest Feeling VIDEO

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

The Strangest Feeling VIDEO

Postby Steve Ison » Tue May 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Its great fun making videos with windows movie maker-and i was really pleased how this one turned out..Hope you enjoy it :)

Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Re: The Strangest Feeling VIDEO

Postby mistertroll » Tue May 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Nice tune, Steve, It would actually fit in well with the artists I listen to on KHYI fm, which is an Americana station. The play John Hiatt alot, so why not Steve Ison?
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby Steve Soucy » Tue May 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Nice going! I liked it enough to put it on my Facebook page too.

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby Steve Ison » Tue May 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Cheers Troll-Would be great to be played on any stations lol...I'd guess its prob not 'radio-ready' enough productionwise to be playing alongside signed artists-but hey-any station play would be cool..
Good of you to think so..

Saucy..Thats actually very generous-spirited to help promote my song on your page-'specially considering we havn't exactly been best buds here lol..
Very cool of you anyways-much appreciated-really...
Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Postby Steve Soucy » Wed May 11, 2011 12:06 am

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby cjdenecia » Thu May 12, 2011 10:54 pm

that's relatively cool steve.

if you don't mind, I must throw a few critiques out for next time or enjoyment enhancement of this one if you're still considering working on it.

some really good concepts for frames and sections of the song - but I sure wish you had recorded more. it just didn't feel right to see the same shots used again and again. the ones that were especially cool could have stood very well had they been used once. the hole in the fence, the exact walking shoes frame, the soaring bird, a few of the path shots and of course, the cameo isons. more of all of that from different angles, different perspectives and maybe some different yet equally interesting additions would be in order to make it seem less like you were just re-using 'em cus you didn't have more.

and a few shots of you mouthing the words would have been great. it would have added wonders to the idea of you and a narrative delivery.

but good as is too ... keep at it.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Steve Ison » Fri May 13, 2011 11:00 am

cheers for watching n commenting cj..Appreciated

Fair points..
You're right,i didn't have very much decent footage-thats why i re-used so much of what was good..
The footage was taken just walking out and taking film of random stuff for an hour or so...There was no specific idea it was for Strangest Feelng at all..
I disagree about mouthing lyrics to camera on this tho..It works better slightly detatched-loose,sunny but friendly..Like its someones inner voice you're hearing..

No-i'm definitely not gonna be re-working it tho..
Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Postby Mark Kaufman » Sun May 15, 2011 9:43 pm

What a great song! Love it.

This sort of video would work well, too. This one repeats a lot of stuff just to flesh it out...but the idea of a long walk complete with magpies really suits the sound. :thumb:
Mark Kaufman

Postby Krispy » Mon May 16, 2011 8:51 am

Wonderful to see you in your natural habitat Steve. Yeah, it's a bit repetitive which bizarrely makes the song seems longer. I did like the 'painting' effect as well which helped to diversify. What would've been really cool is some shots of you sitting playing the guitar and singing (miming) on the grass or a tree stump or bench or something; I think that'd serve to tie up the song with the images, and 'place' you within it.
Looks like you had fun though, and gorblimey it's great to have had that weather, eh?
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Steve Ison » Wed May 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Cheers 'Koff..thanx for commenting and watching/listening-really glad you enjoyed it and liked the song..

Kim...Yeh,its incredibly repetitive,i know lol..
Thats a lesson for me in future vid's-to get a stack of footage-You need so much of it to keep things interesting..
Its an education-and i'm just beginning-but i'm happy it caught the general spirit of the song for me-and the ace weather we had definitely suits it!
cheers
Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Postby HUD » Fri May 27, 2011 8:38 pm

catchy tune, well-recorded and mixed. I guess the video was a nice accompaniment to the sound in a "somewhere for your eyes to be looking" sort of way, with some lovely English landscape and dog (or was he welsh? :)) to admire. Some instrument- and lip-synching might've been nice. As usual, you know how to put together a very appealing song.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby Steve Ison » Sat May 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Cheers for listening/watching Hud..Glad you enjoyed it..I couldn't've done lip synching then 'cos i didn't even know what track i was doing when i shot the footage lol
Keepin' it unreal
Steve Ison

Postby Tor Hershman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm

That's a great song, most catchy, commercial potential mucho but the video does nothing for myself.
Tor Hershman

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!