[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - New Member's Song

New Member's Song

A place where new and existing members can put links to their music without asking for specific song reviews. A musical hello.

New Member's Song

Postby zxyz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:47 am

Hey You-All !! I just joined. Nice Place! :beer:
Here's my songs:
http://www.myspace.com/zxyz1
All input is welcome.. good and
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Re: New Member's Song

Postby HUD » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Welcome to the Refugee camp, hope you're up to date on all innoculations.
Can't play Myspace tunes here on my work pc, but I'll check em out later.
I'll assume in the meantime you sound like a cross between Doobies and Ozzy, your Myspace friends.
kickass...
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby shankarji » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:29 pm

yeah welcome to AR...checked your MySpace page...I'm just an ol' hippies so it's not really my kind if stuff, but we're a broad church here and all are welcome. Stick around and enjoy the fun! :hippy:
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby zxyz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Thanks for the greetings you-all!
Yup, I've had my shots :)
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 pm

spent a few moments ..... some diverse ideas .... mostly very lo-fi ... different influences but pretty much grounded in some indie metal 70's 'tude ... from VH to ZZ top to REO to even a glimpse of the past future with AIC ... we got a guy here that I think in some ways, would like to advance to your level - his ideas, tho hard to hear sometimes, probably lie somewhere near what you do. stebs ... I'll bet he'll dig this stuff.

any of this current stuff or all from the archives?
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby ROXI » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:03 am

Goodmorning Steve, and welcome to AR. This place is crazy and sane at the same time. R&R
In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Postby mistertroll » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:18 am

Good to have another white-haired geezer in the ranks. Maybe you can help us keep these young whipper-snappers in line!

You're probably gonna like Liquidirt's guitar work, based on your tone, style, etc.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:21 am

zxyz

Postby zxyz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:27 am

Hi Mr. Troll,
Yeh I'm 53, and an ole geezer.. Your av pic reminds me of somebody from Texas and Memphis.. I guess you've never heard that one before.. lol..
zxyz

Postby mistertroll » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:34 am

I'm really enjoying the full-band live stuff at the bottom of your player.

If I cut my beard short, I get the Kenny Rogers comments. Grow it out a little, and it's Willie Nelson. A little more, and I get Leon Russell. And then of course, these days it's either Santa Claus or Billy G.

I just wanna be myself! :cry: :cry: :cry: :eek:
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:24 pm

HA! :lol: Funny!!
The live stuff was done back in the late 70s. Thanx!
It's a tribute to Barry our lead singer who's no longer around. That band was in Nashville.

-edit- Oops, I broke a rule on my 1st post. I was only supposed to upload 1 song and not link to myspace.
Sorry admins.. :oops: I should have read that 1st post thoroughly before toddy-time!
zxyz

Postby shankarji » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 pm

A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby HUD » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:47 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby shankarji » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:46 pm

shankarji

Postby charvie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:24 am

Welcome zxyz, killer stuff there i'm diggin it.
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Next

Return to Introducing .... you and your music!