Harris Tweed

Harris Tweed

Postby twoleftfeet » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:01 pm

Friend of mine is a mix engineer. Sometimes he gets great jobs and can take the next three months off to smoke dope. But mostly he grinds out mixes for bands at the 'showcase' stage.

He passed this on to me last year. South African band called Harris Tweed.

I'm not posting this because I think it's the be-all-and-end-all of indie music. But more because I was amazed this came out of deepest Africa. Sort of a poor man's Tori Amos. But not at all bad.

They funded the video themsleves -apologies!

http://www.myvideo.co.za/video/harris-tweed-superfly

TLF
Bright lights, big city, went to my baby's head.
twoleftfeet

Re: Harris Tweed

Postby mistertroll » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:35 am

Not bad at all. I like the overall concept of the video. For a self-financed project, it seems well thought out and pretty clean and well-edited.

Wish I could understand the lyrics, but that may just be my ears, not the video...
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby Krispy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:45 am

Well, I only got to hear it once, because after that it broke. I guess the generator for the Pretoria server ran out of cowshit. :roll:
(I'm allowed to say that, I used to be in a band with two Yarpies).

That girl is deliciously pretty, which is I guess why they mostly left the rest of the band out of the video. I always think that's a bit rotten really.
Anyway, I wish there was a version with better quality audio (I think it's be better without the whistling) out there, but hey. What I could make out of the lyrics pleased me; she wasn't afraid to try the unusual, and it had a good chorus not a million miles away from a Benetar hook. Nee bad at all.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby charvie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:56 am

That was really well done, she certainly is pretty and has great vocal chops to boot!
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Return to iMER March 8- April 4, 2009