[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Walter Strauss

Walter Strauss

Walter Strauss

Postby shankarji » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:33 pm

There's no new forum for this week yet, so I'll put this here for the moment...if you can move it to the new week's forum when you've created it ceej, I'd appreciate it.

This guy sent me a friend request at MySpace simply because he'd noticed I was a fan of Bruce Cockburn. I checked out his page before approving the request and what a shocking pleasure it was! This guy is a genius finger-style guitar player, an excellent songwriter and sings beautifully...if you like Bruce Cockburn you're gonna love him, but I'd've thought his music would have a wider appeal then just BC fans.

And what's more he's doing a UK tour this summer...and get this kim and ceej...he's doing a house concert in Gosport on Sunday 7th June, which we should definitely attend...I'll contact him and see if he's got any more details.

A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Re: Walter Strauss

Postby mistertroll » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Very pleasant!

Reminded me a little of Shawn Phillips, as well...
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby pharquartt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:45 am

nice find, ji.

from the looks of his schedule, he'll be in your neck of the woods soon......
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby shankarji » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:20 pm

A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby Steve Soucy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Wow that was fantastic. :bow:

Is that an open D tuning? Two guitar cables going in. Did it sound like the audio was recorded from the pickup(s) or the mic on a video cam?

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby shankarji » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:45 pm

shankarji

Postby HUD » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:50 pm

As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:28 am

it's hard not to like the guy from the first notes of his myspace player ....

infectious and groovin' .... melodically pleasing and unexpectedly diverse ....

and performance wise - he's got it going on. amazing how much talent is out there ... and he has a good piece.

nice referral ji.

btw - he's in gosport in june ji ... let's do it.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby shankarji » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:29 am

shankarji

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:21 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby shankarji » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:25 pm

shankarji

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:02 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to iMER March 1-7, 2009