[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Tony Deziel

Tony Deziel

does he do this legendary song justice?

1. yes
43%
2. no
No votes
3. it's ok but I can't say it moved me.
43%
4. I can't answer cus I'm david bowie's lovechild spawned by mick jagger's million (give or take 750,000) swimmers.
14%

Total votes : 7

Tony Deziel

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:49 am

tony is a long time iNt artist who has worked his ass off online and off for years and years and has a professionalism to be respected as well as a huge degree of heart and soul to be loved.

here is his cover of "something" by harrison and the beatles .... true and honest to the original without falling short and with just a touch of his own flavor to fill out the song with respect and lovability.

please take a look at his other songs and if you dig what you hear, send him a little note telling him so.

http://www.myspace.com/tonydeziel
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Re: Tony Deziel

Postby pharquartt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:48 am

i liked his Shades of Blue much more than this.

his Cream cover wasn't too bad, either.
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby shankarji » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:42 am

For me, this is too much like the original but without the magic of the original's vocals. If you're gonna do a cover, I've always thought it's better to do an interpretation rather than a copy.
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:03 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby dougee841 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:50 pm

This cover is awesome! Not only does it capture the magic of the original "Something," but is also brings it into a new fresh light. The guitar solo is top notch man! All of TD's songs are. I'm all for interpretation, and this is interpreted perfectly! :rock:
dougee841

Postby windowman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:43 pm

The overall production has some good analogue vibes, that's for sure. Good sounds, guitar, drums, bass & his vocals are strong. I guess it's hard to compare anyone's vocal approach to Harrison's though. That would be a hard feat to accomplish. I think "Don't Let Me Down' was a better track, mainly due to the vocals. Good stuff though.

Wade
It's not that I don't like you dear, but I prefer women that wear their asses in the back.
windowman

Postby icararse » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:23 pm

He's got the moves but not much of the magic.

Quaite Naice.
Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:04 pm

hi tony, glad to see you around man. love to see more of you as well!!!

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Delly » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:05 pm

This cover certainly does it for me, Tony's voice is so versatile he can do any song justice, he treats the song with great respect and passion, thus making a great tribute to the original artist. His guitar solo on this is nothing short of perfect and adds the Tony magic and tone to a great song.

Top marks from the Irish jury!
I've got CDO, which is like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order, like they should be.
Delly

Postby Stevo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Welcome to Audio Refugees, Delly!

:beer:
Stevo

Postby Krispy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Why am I getting the feeling that Dougie841, Delly and Tony Deziel are the same person? :|
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby ROXI » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:06 pm

In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Postby pharquartt » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:21 pm

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Krispy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:28 pm

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Delly » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:44 am

I've got CDO, which is like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order, like they should be.
Delly

Next

Return to iMER Feb 22 - 28, 2009