[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Megan Paige

Megan Paige

Megan Paige

Postby stephen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:16 pm

A very talented, and nice young lady from upstate. She was one of AV's first feature artists and even made the AVFeature Artist album.

avfa.jpg
avfa.jpg (107.55 KiB) Viewed 1584 times

Megan has that alternative chick style going for her, and her production is pretty decent.

She was one of the first AVArtist Interviews I did as well:

In addition to that, I also host and run her personal website. It's currently undergoing updates.
I close my eyes and I feel the fear.
stephen

Re: Megan Paige

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:07 am

megan certainly has some talent and I do like how her music tries to be modernistic while it's really just rooted in something a bit older than what she is.

excellent voice and nice melody work ... pretty big sound to her ... songs want to be interesting and have a lot of unique draw .... they really sound like they're going somewhere with eclectic arrangments. funny tho ... as much as I hear some great potential, it's like the band and her voice are just a tiny bit more pro than the songs ...

run away doesn't capture ...

always keep them guessing ...... country blues soul meets pop .... very unique ... I think this might be her best bet. love the "supremes" backing vox ... and the excellent treatment with the chorus chords. diversity in voice show through best here too. keeper.

up with that = mo mod ... but unmistakenly rooted in the past. darker than the others on the chorus - nice verse treatments but the chorus is a downer and unless this is a filler track for an album (and a damn good one), this one is destined for a binnin' ... no single. ambitious arrangement and performance tho - personally, I like it but I don't see it being a very public lovefest waiting to happen.

lie is good but inaccessible. this song would have fit on sanford and townsends album from the 70's "smoke from a distant fire" .... it'd be quite unlikely that I'd personally promote this for a CD .... I didn't make it past the 2nd verse ...

talent galore - some true draws in a few of the songs. hope she keeps growing and is able to move upwards and onwards. at only 24, I expect she might.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby shankarji » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Very modern style of songwriting...I think she forces the vocals a bit sometimes, but with the right guidance from an experienced producer, she could go far.
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby Krispy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 pm

The volume control on your player is rubbish, Gothboy. No subtlety, all or nothing... :roll:

This stuff is a bit theatrical for my tastes, though there's no doubt the woman has a wonderful voice. Mind you, I only listened to the one because there are about two thousand of these iMER things to get through. Fer gawd's sake. :roll:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby zobear » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:42 pm

zobear

Return to iMER Feb 8-14, 2009