[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Fidelity Crisis

Fidelity Crisis

Fidelity Crisis

Postby mistertroll » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:20 am

These are some really young guys who play at one of our open mics.

They sound to me like they're following the same vein as Jaymz, but he has a pretty healthy head start on them...

http://www.myspace.com/fidelitycrisis
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Re: Fidelity Crisis

Postby Peevette » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:34 pm

Not bad...

a bit irritating with the intro vocals on 'live' tune...

Vocals are a bit on the whiney side...I wouldn't be able to listen to this band for too long.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:17 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby mistertroll » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:42 am

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby shankarji » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Real dirgey sounding song and the guitars sound horrible, but vocally they've got possibilities and potential. I preferred the other tune on MySpace...the live one...this had much more energy and inventiveness.
A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.Peter Griffin
shankarji

Postby Krispy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:35 pm

Medellin - Pretty good for a live recording (recorded on a Sony Walkman, right? :D) except for the aforementioned shaky intro. The vocalist is quite impressively lively and consistent. I would stop and listen. The drummer is not bad and has a least half the kit (left ear) tuned nicely. I can't imagine this lot belting out in the local spit and sawdust bar - they'd need something bigger.
I couldn't get through the other one, my ears is tired...
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby twoleftfeet » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:30 pm

I enjoyed this. Sorta My Chemical Romance. Although I must admit I find it very hard to appraise live recordings if I've never heard a studio cut. There can be a disproportionate effect from bad mixing or bad recording to me that I can't cut through. My bad, I guess. The track was interesting and left me wondering what they'd be like in a studio with a good producer. I thought the singer was a bit thin when he slid those top notes but, of course, it can be very exciting (live) to hear a singer over-reach a bit.

Was left a little intrigued.
Bright lights, big city, went to my baby's head.
twoleftfeet

Return to iMER Feb 1-7, 2009