[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Image issue 1

Image issue 1

A place to help the technically inept among us with computer issues, equipment problems, or even website difficulties. If you can offer help, please speak up!

Image issue 1

Postby mistertroll » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:40 am

I used to be able to save a photo directly to a file. For some reason, recently all I get is code when I try to save the image.

I can copy the photo, go to "Paint", and paste and save it, but this was not necessary previously.

My cats refuse to stay off of my keyboard. I have actually learned shortcuts as a result, but I think they may have done something to me here.

I'm thinking it's some setting somewhere, but I have no idea where to start looking.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Re: Image issue 1

Postby pharquartt » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:56 am

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby mistertroll » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:11 am

mistertroll

Postby ROXI » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:37 am

In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Postby mistertroll » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:55 am

mistertroll

Postby Stevo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:28 am

When you are doing the right-click, Save As thing, pay close attention to the "Save as type:" field. My guess is that it's saving the file in text format or something. Also make sure you are saving it with a File Name of the proper extention (.jpg or .gif).

That's all I got...
Stevo

Postby jaymz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:41 am

If Stevo didn't answer your question, you have some f'ed up mime types.

Let me know.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Jay » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:06 am

Troll, there's no browser setting I'm aware of that'd change the way an image is saved. If you can see the image, then you're browser can "see" it, and saving it is routine. Are you sure you're not selecting "Save Link As"? Try this: right-click an image and select "View Image", then select "Save Image As". Let us know if that doesn't work, and specify what happens when you do it.
Prunes!
Jay

Postby Krispy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:57 am

Is it 'wrong' that this thread is actually exciting me? :geek:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby pharquartt » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:04 am

now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Krispy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:33 am

Not here, darling. I need to start a "knowledge gives me cerebral tingles" thread.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby mistertroll » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Trying to post images from photobucket using the img code, and I'm getting this...

It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image

even after reducing the size of the image.

??????????????

mistertroll

Postby ROXI » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:08 pm

In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Postby jaymz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:43 pm

it's a limitation of the width. Make sure it's no more than 400 (i think?) pixels wide.

might be 600. can't remember.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:28 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Next

Return to Tech Tools & Advice