[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - google chrome

google chrome

A place to help the technically inept among us with computer issues, equipment problems, or even website difficulties. If you can offer help, please speak up!

google chrome

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:11 am

I generally don't play guinea pig. google chrome has been out for a while now and I had reason to give it a shot.

A+++ .... firefox blew IE out of the water but FF is now old news. I thought I had issues with my wireless nic, I was also giving my new ISP a hard time cus of speeds (after getting them to correct my physical equipment). now, with new boxes and wire and some tweaking on my ISP's side - I have a damn good yet affordable connection.

but my laptop still dragged along at about 1.2MBPS .... main house PC kicking in pretty good at about 3-5 .... crap internal nic on a 5+ year old computer I thought ... time for a wireless USB nic maybe ...

nope - time for google chrome. 6MBPS now!. yeah, there's some functionality issues and I miss my menu bar but - lightning speed. I had issues with loads of web pages and streaming but that's all done now. go on - take it ... GOOGLE chrome does seem to rock.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Re: google chrome

Postby jaymz » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:25 am

its all i use. the simple fact that you couldn't install google toolbar was a major oversight though.

silly googlians.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:09 am

man- this is the geek crib these days. and this topic is burning down the house.

I guess talking about why windows doesn't recognize our house PC's CD/DVD player without naming it in new hardware on every boot is gonna bring even more blank stares ....

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby meatcigars » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:44 am

meatcigars

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby charvie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:19 am

I just downloaded the google chrome too, so far it's pretty nice. It loads quickly and loads fully on the first attempt.
Light a man a fire and he's warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life
charvie

Postby meatcigars » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:45 pm

meatcigars

Postby steban » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:55 pm

I use chrome almost exclusively.

And insofar as the CD/DVD problem, I once had a problem with the zones, Europe vs. US, as some don't like you to play the English format PAL then play the US format. I think it hosed my driver.

Seems I had to resort to some funky player to ever get it to work again.
steban

Postby Liquidirt » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:43 pm

As far as the "Player" is concerned try VCL
Sounds to me like you need to do a system restore or if that doesn't work a whole C:Drive wipe and reload everyfreakin thing. Something is corrupt in your system drivers.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer."
Liquidirt

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to Tech Tools & Advice