New Members check-in

We'll try to supply valet service, complimentary champagne and a polite, professional and positive introduction to you. (heh, then it's gloves off)

You, in turn, can tell us who's your daddy and what does he do.

Re: New Members check-in

Postby mistertroll » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Hey, Jukes! Good to see you.

Hope you enjoy the site. cj and suedepudding have done the majority of the techy-type work in making this work. Jaymz drops by from time to time, but he don't love us like he used to.

Hope you're up to doing some reviews!
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:23 am

jukeboxxx88 wrote:(tiptoes in ... middle of the night... waves.. wishes all well. Figures "if this isn't the right place for me, it's just as easy to duck right back out" shrugs... hopes ... whispers "keep the rock a rollin'" then simply waits as she hoists the flag and sees who either salutes it, or throws a tomato at it... or worse)

hiya :thumb:

hello jukes. I wave back. not really waving to any flags but don't see why you wouldn't feel welcome. anything in the past - which you may feel uncomfortable with - was simply just the sign of the times and anybody that didn't take themselves too seriously would know that. assuming you DO.

we recently accepted a somewhat militant admirer of ghadafi so I don't think anything about you is gonna be a problem. in fact, as troll said, we could use a hand reviewing and if a few more people signed on cus of you that wouldn't exactly piss us off either. to be honest. but do know, this whole joint is more like the bin at GB - and the reviewing is supposed to be frank and real. obviously there are still some sites out there with reviews that require goody goody warm fuzzy bunny hugs but this ain't them. so it'd be business as usual for those that play that way. if that's you and yours, bring it on.

ya know?

great job on this Jaymz!

tho you've been informed now, jaymz has had a lot to do with our history and still hosts it. yeah, he's a bit too busy killing furry things to get much involved these days, but he's here when we need him.

p.s. prayers for Freddy... he's just gotten out of ICU, pneumonia sucks.

OMG, I had pneumonia for 2 months last summer and only missed one day of work (with a steady diet of ibuprofen). tell freddy to man up and C his way back to health.

p.p.s. kiddo turned 18 last Feb, and last Dec played her professional debut on a six foot grand piano to over 300 families at an agency packed Christmas party at our Veterans Memorial Building to the surprised delight of all her therapists. Such a trouper, she played "Stars and Stripes Forever" solo.. for appreciation to our Vets and service folks, a duet with me that we never could find the name of .. since it was a demo song on a cheap walmart keyboard... and a rousing duet of Jingle Bells. She made one mistake in her solo, but never stopped. Grampa is still beaming with pride, I do as well.

good for her. good for you.

so anyway, don't feel so bad about any old thoughts and don't take that TSC stuff too seriously. I'm sure you recall, I've been called a few names online and that hasn't exactly changed. a requirement of survival for us has been, occasionally lube that humor gland.

cj
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Peevette » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Hey there Jukes!!

My first reaction when I saw your post was...."Lookie there!! A blast from the past!"

Not exactly sure what the 'tip-toe' thing is all about, but no worries....Welcome!!

Hope we can count on you for some reviews.....fresh blood!!! :)

Cheers! And Well done! regarding your daughter! Freaking time flies.....18!!!???? OMG......but then I have three grandchildren, so.......yeah, its been a while.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby zxyz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:28 am

Hi-- my name's Zed-X hoe'y'all dooin? I gotz sum tunes U all wanna hear 'em ..?
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby jaymz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:47 am

someone should go into the forum thingy and change the email address the forum thingy sends as so it's not me.

it makes people think i have something to do with this place, and we all damn well know that i don't.

now lets all get back to me being drunk and you all being sexy.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Krispy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:10 am

Now you see her...
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 am

jaymz wrote:someone should go into the forum thingy and change the email address the forum thingy sends as so it's not me.

it makes people think i have something to do with this place, and we all damn well know that i don't.

now lets all get back to me being drunk and you all being sexy.

I think I did this jaymzie. won't know till an email does or don't come.

... back to your bikini wax.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:38 am

I'll send 1, here's 1 right here .....
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:44 am

zxyz wrote:I'll send 1, here's 1 right here .....

works. thanx.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby steban » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Welcome all you new members! It seems every week I see more, and I am anxious to hear your new music in the blind reviews.

Funny thing, yesterday I was browsing the internet, ran across a website fandalism.com or the like and looked for fun for musicians in my area who want to collab, and saw a guy who listed all his song awards from defunct Garageband, the long gone site we came from, and thought, a lot of people probably still miss GB.

It seems the way indie music went down on the web in the 21st century has been like falling into a black hole. Some songs manage to orbit for a while but most seem lost in the ozone. Trouble is some of this music is classic quality, and a lot is better than what is rotated on the radio in my opinion.

I wish I knew what comes next, but I feel that people looking for great new music they like are still looking for a great way to find it, and even if we here may not be the end all answer, maybe we are keeping the torch lit until the next evolution of music discovery sites comes up, maybe because we try, because we discuss the options, we still make music that aims to challenge lazy ears.

So please give us your 2 cents, you might be the one who stumbles on the extremely elusive key that allows someone else to unlock the secret to indie success we've all been hoping for.
everyone is in the middle
we all run at different speeds
everyone has special talents
everyone is special needs
steban

Postby sleeptown » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:30 am

Hey there all, sleeptown here,
I'm new to the site but was a huge user of garageband.com and found way too many good bands on that site. I'm hoping this one is similar or if anyone can point me in the right direction. Just hoping this is close to what that was :)
sleeptown

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:02 am

sleeptown wrote:Hey there all, sleeptown here,
I'm new to the site but was a huge user of garageband.com and found way too many good bands on that site. I'm hoping this one is similar or if anyone can point me in the right direction. Just hoping this is close to what that was :)

yo sleepy .... welcome. was sleeptown your user name on gb?

let me be honest, THIS is the place you are looking for - but we're really really existing on our last breath here. after a few years of struggling - we've come to the conclusion that without some great marketing plans, we can't attract enough people who like the old system enough to maintain and support it.

we're still active but I cannot promise you speedy or for that matter, any reviews.

it's a long story but the bottom line is that it isn't working and things are somewhat depressed.

cj

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Ailwyn Rees » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:47 pm

sleeptown wrote:Hey there all, sleeptown here,

Hi Sleepy... reminds me a bit about a Hollow or one of the seven dwarfs??

Looking forward to listening to some of your compositions. I guess I'm one of the few who try to keep the site ticking over on the BRS (Blind Review System). If I don't review one of your songs it'll be cuzz it hasn't cropped up on there, not because I'm ignoring it!

This is the only site that I've uploaded our songs onto... I know absolutely nothing about garageband.com or similar sites...

Welcome aboard matey,

Ailwyn :rock:
...and then there were none...
Ailwyn Rees

Postby Alex Jones » Tue May 26, 2015 10:15 pm

Hello My name is Alex.

Obviously I'm new here, which is why I'm scratching around trying to think of something really cool to say. I can't think of anything right now though. Kinda like trying to pee when you know someone is listening. But I assure you, I'm really cool and very funny, even though these qualities may not be obvious from the offset.

In the meantime, I'm going to have a scout around and check out the Cool/Funny competition (you guys). I'm looking forward to making friends here. God that sounds desperate. I've got friends. Lots of friends.

Seriously though, thanks for having me here. Jeez that sounds like I'm leaving already. I'm not.

Maybe I'll come back and do this when I've got to know you all better. No that's not going to work is it?

;)
Alex Jones

Postby Krispy » Wed May 27, 2015 6:47 am

Hey Alex! (it is you, right?)

Welcome to Audio/polis/refugees. I'm sorry to say the forum is a shadow of its former self, with only a few survivors; it's what you might call 'cosy'.
But if you enter some of your tunes into 'the contest' (there's no prize, okay?) you'll eventually get a review or two, probably including one of CJ's brutally honest ones. :eek:
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome (meet & greet)