New Members check-in

We'll try to supply valet service, complimentary champagne and a polite, professional and positive introduction to you. (heh, then it's gloves off)

You, in turn, can tell us who's your daddy and what does he do.

Re: New Members check-in

Postby SamSinister » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:00 am

Peevette wrote:Welcome Sam!!

I look forward to checking out your tunes and reviewing them in the near future. Please feel free to review tunes as well.

I'm curious to know what brought you to Audiopolis?

Cheers... :beer:

Just a random web search for "top sites for musicians to upload their music," or something to that effect. Of course, it was probably a pretty outdated list. :P
SamSinister

Postby Peevette » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:14 pm

SamSinister wrote:
Peevette wrote:Welcome Sam!!

I look forward to checking out your tunes and reviewing them in the near future. Please feel free to review tunes as well.

I'm curious to know what brought you to Audiopolis?

Cheers... :beer:

Just a random web search for "top sites for musicians to upload their music," or something to that effect. Of course, it was probably a pretty outdated list. :P

Glad to have you here and glad you found us!!
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby Krispy » Tue May 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Peevette wrote:I'm curious to know what brought you to Audiopolis?

We were a perfect match on MatureDatingUK.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Winnie Da Pooh » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:41 pm

What kind of things can I do here ?
You look marvelous !
Winnie Da Pooh

Postby mistertroll » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:23 pm

Winnie Da Pooh wrote:What kind of things can I do here ?

We mostly just talk smack about the people who aren't here.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:01 pm

mistertroll wrote:

you know .... like jim mason.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby mistertroll » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:42 am

cjdenecia wrote:
mistertroll wrote:

you know .... like jim mason.

Mwah-ha-ha-ha! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby Winnie Da Pooh » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:30 am

I am gracefully bowing out of the music business. I started my professional career at 16 playing bass gigs. I could read music so I got a lot of union gigs back then. I then got a full scholarship to play upright bass at the College Conservatory of Music. I graduated in 1991. I taught private lessons and did some more gigging. Had the pleasure to do three separate DOD tours, so I did get to see the world a few times over, granted with heavy beer goggles on. In 2006 I gracefully bowed out of the gig scene. I realized it was never going to get better.

In 2000, I recorded my own CD that I wrote and arranged and tried to find a singer but no one would do it, so I grunted out the tunes. My Mom Loved the CD ! I recorded a second CD called One Eyed Jimmy Jive in 2006, My Mom hated it ! I thought I was on to something but after a year of pushing it on the internet and two CD sales I decided that was a bad career move. So I open up a audio mastering website. Since I didn't know what the hell I was doing, I decided to give free samples. If the customer liked it they could buy it, if they didn't like it, no harm was done. This was a way to practice and get paid at the same time. A good friend of mine programmed the site to my specifications and it still runs beautifully. I ended up getting pretty good at it with lots of satisfied customers but have found myself in the last year just pushing buttons and not feeling the passion anymore. I have two other engineers on the site that still enjoy it so I will keep it alive as long as I can for them.

In the interim, I tried to start a session musician site that flopped pretty much out of the gate. Not that it was a bad idea but I made a bunch of mistakes in the beginning that I could never recover from. I would have needed much more capital and time to pull off a complex website like that.

So about two years ago I saw a commercial for a website called sharebuilder where a person could incrementally buy stock. I thought that was a cool idea. I was hooked instantly. I have devoured every book I can on stock investing. I have learned as much as possible on accounting techniques. I order and read company annual reports everyday and actually get a cheap thrill from it. :eek: My Dad, 76, who is still a practicing attorney has been entrusting me to invest his money. After 44 years, my Dad's interest and mine have overlapped. I find myself thinking less and less about music and more and more about investing. My heroes have gone from Lennon & McCartney to Buffet and Munger.

God Bless, one and all :beer:
You look marvelous !
Winnie Da Pooh

Postby Krispy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 am

Pooh wrote:God Bless, one and all.

If I'm (undoubtedly) correct in assuming you are attempting to quote here Tiny Tim from Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, then I feel obliged to inform you that the correct phrase is "God bless us, every one!"

You can take comfort that you're not the first nor only 'person' to make this mistake, so don't let it spoil your day.
Krispy

Postby Winnie Da Pooh » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Krispy wrote:
Pooh wrote:God Bless, one and all.

If I'm (undoubtedly) correct in assuming you are attempting to quote here Tiny Tim from Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, then I feel obliged to inform you that the correct phrase is "God bless us, every one!"

You can take comfort that you're not the first nor only 'person' to make this mistake, so don't let it spoil your day.

I love you.
You look marvelous !
Winnie Da Pooh

Postby Krispy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 am

That's a given.
Krispy

Postby Winnie Da Pooh » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:43 am

Krispy wrote:That's a given.

Too Love and Not Be Loved
Are you the mystery crush ? I will never tell.
http://www.macjams.com/song/31560
You look marvelous !
Winnie Da Pooh

Postby jukeboxxx88 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 am

(tiptoes in ... middle of the night... waves.. wishes all well. Figures "if this isn't the right place for me, it's just as easy to duck right back out" shrugs... hopes ... whispers "keep the rock a rollin'" then simply waits as she hoists the flag and sees who either salutes it, or throws a tomato at it... or worse)

hiya :thumb:

great job on this Jaymz!

p.s. prayers for Freddy... he's just gotten out of ICU, pneumonia sucks.

p.p.s. kiddo turned 18 last Feb, and last Dec played her professional debut on a six foot grand piano to over 300 families at an agency packed Christmas party at our Veterans Memorial Building to the surprised delight of all her therapists. Such a trouper, she played "Stars and Stripes Forever" solo.. for appreciation to our Vets and service folks, a duet with me that we never could find the name of .. since it was a demo song on a cheap walmart keyboard... and a rousing duet of Jingle Bells. She made one mistake in her solo, but never stopped. Grampa is still beaming with pride, I do as well.
jukeboxxx88

Postby HUD » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Howdy Jukes. Sorry no tomatoes...need'em for the chili.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby meatcigars » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:55 pm

jukeboxxx88 wrote:p.p.s. kiddo turned 18 last Feb, and last Dec played her professional debut on a six foot grand piano to over 300 families at an agency packed Christmas party at our Veterans Memorial Building to the surprised delight of all her therapists. Such a trouper, she played "Stars and Stripes Forever" solo.. for appreciation to our Vets and service folks, a duet with me that we never could find the name of .. since it was a demo song on a cheap walmart keyboard... and a rousing duet of Jingle Bells. She made one mistake in her solo, but never stopped. Grampa is still beaming with pride, I do as well.

That's great Jukes.
meatcigars

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome (meet & greet)