Forum Changes

Not sure about how things work? Have a suggestion about how to make them work better? Post here.

Forum Changes

Postby jaymz » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:38 am

Just a thought, but you all should look into some changes on the forum, since it's currently based on 2008 standards.

* Content Types
Posts should be separated between Q&A and Discussion. The first post should be a post, all others below should be comments.

* Gamification
Voting of comments should be allowed to allow better ranking comments to rise to the top. Comments for Q&A should be enabled to be marked as answers. posts should be able to be tagged appropriately to allow the better stuff to rise to the top. Way too much linear threading here.. I don't read half of it because it takes too long. Would rather see the important stuff first.

* Tagging
You should be able to tag people on the forums so that they are notified when someone is talking about them.

* Forum posts/comments integrated with Reviews.
You should do that too..

Here's the point.. while you have other issues trying to get an audience, the technology could be updated. The Drupal stuff is fine, Gregg has that down. Think about replacing phpbb with Vanilla OpenSource and integrating it with Drupal to really get this conversation kicked off. I might have some time to assist if it's something you want to do.
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Re: Forum Changes

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:43 pm

I dunno about some of that .... seems a little too social networky in areas but I'll make sure gregg sees this AND your offer of help with it jaymzie!
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to Questions/Suggestions