Please explain this to me...

Not sure about how things work? Have a suggestion about how to make them work better? Post here.

Please explain this to me...

Postby ptalbot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:18 pm

I just reviewed a song in round 1 and then noticed later that it has already received 14 reviews:
http://www.audiopolis.org/music/mudsoul-slave/see-ya-later
Still it is not in round 2 nor is it in the final rankings of round 1...

My understanding was that a song was either in one or the other after 10 reviews...
Am I missing something?
ptalbot

Re: Please explain this to me...

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:30 pm

ptalbot wrote:I just reviewed a song in round 1 and then noticed later that it has already received 14 reviews:
http://www.audiopolis.org/music/mudsoul-slave/see-ya-later
Still it is not in round 2 nor is it in the final rankings of round 1...

My understanding was that a song was either in one or the other after 10 reviews...
Am I missing something?

an excellent FAQ question ....

the answer is .....

this is a variance from our model site of yesteryear - garageband. on gb, if you completed your first round - you were done. archived. finished. unless you re-uploaded the song with a new name or simply deleted the old losing song before uploading it again. why would you? well, every set of 10 reviews goes against 10 other songs - and if you upload again, you will go against 10 different songs so you 'might' have a better chance of the song moving forward.

on audiopolis, all you have to do is go to the song page, click the top EDIT tab and tick the YES box near the page bottom to re-enter the song into it's last round again (so yes, you could do this after round 2 as well). the upside is that you don't have to do much to get the song reviews again, and maybe a chance at moving forward into the next round ... the downside is that you'll use an upload credit and you'll keep your ending round star rating (score, chart placement, etc) and therefore by using simple math, you'll be starting from a negative place. with see ya later, the song you mentioned pat, that means that when I ticked that box to get it back into the cycle, instead of a fresh plate, it started with an unsuccessful score - in this case, around 2 stars. so, it'll have to win a lot of it's pairings by big scores to move forward probably. it's not really a win win option, more of a lose, must win option.

but it's an option. I did it to check the system operation.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Re: Please explain this to me...

Postby ptalbot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:56 pm

Cool, thanks for the reply!
ptalbot

Return to Questions/Suggestions