Cant Upload Songs

Not sure about how things work? Have a suggestion about how to make them work better? Post here.

Cant Upload Songs

Postby rsquier » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:54 am

I have tried several times to upload songs for review. I keep getting an error message :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 84 bytes) in /home/audiorefugees/audiopolis.org/includes/database.mysqli.inc on line 168

I wasn't sure if this referred to the file size. I have tried a couple of different songs with the same result. I have gone back into Cakewalk and exported the songs at a smaller bit rate to make the file size smaller. This has not worked. the files range from 4 to 6 MB. Not sure what to do?
rsquier

Re: Cant Upload Songs

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:18 am

rsquier,

we are soooo sorry! this is not a problem on your end but an issue that has mystified us now for over a week. song uploads are impossible right now. we have no idea what the problem is and we've tried dozens of fixes all to no avail. we are continuing to work on rectifying the problem and I'll personally contact you the moment it's right.

again, we apologize completely and hope you have the patience to stick it out until the system is back online. in the interim, you can upload songs into the review forum or any other forum if you like. then later on, put it into the review cycle.

thank you for trying to come onboard at audiopolis!

cj denecia
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:20 am

good news! the problem with uploads is nearly fixed. as it stands, as long as the file you upload is less than 7 mb's, the upload will work. we hope to have it increased to the normal 20 mb's as soon as possible but for now, at least - a fix is there. sorry for the problem and the delay in the fix but the glitch was an elusive little thing that was hard to spot and only came to light while trying to fix something else. we got lucky really .....

have at it. thanks for your patience! when the upload file size thing is fixed, I'll post here and you can replace any songs in your song edit page tab.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:12 pm

It's a Christmas miracle! It's like cj is George Bailey and the angel (played naturally by Roxi) shows him what Audiopolis would have looked like if he never existed.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby rsquier » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:54 am

It looks like I am able to get songs uploaded. Thanks. I am now getting a message that

•This file is not compatible with the Flash audio player. Flash can only play MP3 files with a sample rate of 11, 22 or 44KHz.

I think I mixed them at 48KHz. Does this mean that people will not be able to play them? I am able to click on them and get them to play. Just want to make sure if I need to remix them at 44.
rsquier

Postby HUD » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:35 am

I just gave "Beggar" a listen, and it played just fine, other than the ending seemed to have got cut off on the last sustaining chord. Good to leave a second or so of silence on the front and back of the track for online streaming in general, I think.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:15 pm

rsquier wrote:It looks like I am able to get songs uploaded. Thanks. I am now getting a message that

•This file is not compatible with the Flash audio player. Flash can only play MP3 files with a sample rate of 11, 22 or 44KHz.

I think I mixed them at 48KHz. Does this mean that people will not be able to play them? I am able to click on them and get them to play. Just want to make sure if I need to remix them at 44.

it's always best to convert the mp3's to 44.1 kHz .... 192KBPS currently. I was able to play and listen to your songs so the player is handling them 'as is'. but only you can tell us if they are playing at the right speed and pitch.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby HUD » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Are you recommending the 192 bitrate in the interest of file server space, or for better streaming on the user's end? ...seems like we used to have the low-fi vs hi-fi back before everyone but a few had DSL or better. Probably true, that most aren't going to tell the diff from 320 to 192 (I can't... can you?). Yet we do send the 320 tracks back and forth for collabs.
Seems like Ourstage recommends 320 bitrate.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:55 pm

HUD wrote:Are you recommending the 192 bitrate in the interest of file server space, or for better streaming on the user's end? ...seems like we used to have the low-fi vs hi-fi back before everyone but a few had DSL or better. Probably true, that most aren't going to tell the diff from 320 to 192 (I can't... can you?). Yet we do send the 320 tracks back and forth for collabs.
Seems like Ourstage recommends 320 bitrate.

spock (ol' jay) swears I can't tell the difference between 320's and 192's but I swear I can. I prefer the greater.

but the whole point of the 192 right now is because of the upload error issues that plagued us for 2 weeks and the fact that it currently is still not completely back to normal. a file greater in size than 7 mb's will be rejected.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to Questions/Suggestions