How do reviews work exactly?

Not sure about how things work? Have a suggestion about how to make them work better? Post here.

How do reviews work exactly?

Postby lcuddy12 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:20 am

I apologize if this info is somewhere on the site or the forum, but I couldn't find it. I'm wondering how I will know when my songs have been reviewed/are being reviewed. I plan on doing reviews too, of course, but I'm wondering if there is a relationship between the reviews I do and the reviews I get.
lcuddy12

Re: How do reviews work exactly?

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:36 pm

lcuddy12 wrote:I apologize if this info is somewhere on the site or the forum, but I couldn't find it. I'm wondering how I will know when my songs have been reviewed/are being reviewed. I plan on doing reviews too, of course, but I'm wondering if there is a relationship between the reviews I do and the reviews I get.

hey there Icuddy ... welcome to AP.org ...

1st question .... on your band page (or pages if you have more than one band listed), you will see a tab for editing info .... above your band name (EDIT) ... scroll down till you see the check box for "Notify me when this band's songs receive blind reviews." ... tick yes. you will receive an email when you have a review waiting (please sure to rate the review as well)

2nd question ... no - not directly. not yet. there will be - when it makes sense for the site and is logistically possible. (I could go into the reasons it isn't yet but lets just suffice it to say that it would not currently make a difference as reviews will come as quickly as the membership decides to review individually)

indirectly, yes it does matter if you review others - what will happen is that by reviewing, you'll move the queue along and your songs will be more likely to be next in line. though to be sure, the queue is random, with no regard for when a song was entered into the cycle. which simply means your songs have just as likely to get reviews now as songs that have been waiting for more reviews for months. so that karma, we hope, will encourage you to jump in and review more often.

hope that satisfies your curiosity ... good to have you here.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby lcuddy12 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks Cj for the welcome and response. That fully answers my questions.
lcuddy12

Postby mistertroll » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:38 pm

May I suggest moving this to the future FAQ section? Question will be asked a lot, and this is as good an answer as we'll probably see.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:51 pm

mistertroll wrote:May I suggest moving this to the future FAQ section? Question will be asked a lot, and this is as good an answer as we'll probably see.

good idea. a little editing and baddabing.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to Questions/Suggestions