Review forum vs. Audiopolis Reviewing

Not sure about how things work? Have a suggestion about how to make them work better? Post here.

Re: Review forum vs. Audiopolis Reviewing

Postby Krispy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:07 am

cj wrote:we're not talking about setting these forums up for YOU

So say you, but WE are they who will be expected to respond in them. I speak for The People.
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Mark Kaufman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:54 pm

I personally wouldn't kick out the old baby, now that the new kid is born. In my view, the new system isn't necessarily better in all ways...it's just different. I sincerely hope that difference attracts a lot of writers. I think it will appeal to many people looking for honest opinions of their finished songs, and I think it could be fascinating to monitor as more people join up and we watch the progress of the scoring and whatnot.

How is it "less better"? The queuing system takes the old immediacy away, for one...and it's more static than dynamic, for another...no more conversations, as we've noted before. This works well if you want opinions about something you have no intention of changing. And yet I wonder about the purpose of putting songs up for review...do people do it it for the specific purpose of rewriting a song for the better? Or to simply gauge public opinion about it? Or is it all for the joy of competition?

So maybe the best way to revamp the old section is to identify it as a place for feedback on works in progress. That's where you can work on a song...then, when it's definitely done, it's ready for Audiopolis.
Mark Kaufman

Postby Krispy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Mark Kaufman wrote:And yet I wonder about the purpose of putting songs up for review...do people do it it for the specific purpose of rewriting a song for the better? Or to simply gauge public opinion about it? Or is it all for the joy of competition?

It's to force people to listen to it.
Krispy

Postby zxyz » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:28 am

just gonna pull the trigger on it anyway boss. sorry to over-ride ya

Hey, you can't do that. Its anarchy .. or subtrifuge.. or mutiny, or something ..

IMO.. There should be something inbetween "LIKE IT or DON"T LIKE IT and " You need to subtly but aggressively adjust the mid-high band EQ shelf to just above 100.2 KHz and vary the sub harmonic resonance frequency to the double of Pi squared just short of the quantum J-operator differential sum."
-my .02 :D
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby pharquartt » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 am

zxyz wrote:
just gonna pull the trigger on it anyway boss. sorry to over-ride ya

Hey, you can't do that. Its anarchy .. or subtrifuge.. or mutiny, or something ..

nope, just cj taking advantage of the fact that i'm so slow that by the time i protest, the deed is already in progress. :bang:

Goat-cheese Eatin' Maniac wrote:IMO.. There should be something inbetween "LIKE IT or DON"T LIKE IT and " You need to subtly but aggressively adjust the mid-high band EQ shelf to just above 100.2 KHz and vary the sub harmonic resonance frequency to the double of Pi squared just short of the quantum J-operator differential sum."
-my .02 :D

this is why we don't always ask for suggestions...... :D
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby zxyz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 am

lol
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Krispy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:06 am

I reported cj's review of Sugarstick's Halleluja, er, just to test the function. The fact that he's a stupid prick had very little to do with it.
What did it do?
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Krispy wrote:I reported cj's review of Sugarstick's Halleluja, er, just to test the function. The fact that he's a stupid prick had very little to do with it.
What did it do?

starsky tells me he couldn't find any notice regarding my wonderful review. putrid stick that I am. guess you'll just have to wait for gregg to add the link to "discuss this review".

but really - hutch's partner couldn't see any notice regarding the report. Is there a special location for that gregg?
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Previous

Return to Questions/Suggestions