[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Is everybody happy?

Is everybody happy?

Not sure about how things work? Have a suggestion about how to make them work better? Post here.

Is everybody happy?

Postby Krispy » Mon May 05, 2008 9:44 am

After the shenanigans of recent weeks, those acting behind the scenes at Audio Refugees are very anxious to preserve the community here, so that all of us - friends and foes alike - will continue to have a home of our own in which to foster and promote what we have to offer the world - our music. We think that encouraging an atmosphere of trust and openness is one of the ways to do that.

So we want to ask you all whether you are happy for what was previously The Trustees group to continue in a similar capacity. Actually, we want to see your votes here. No need to explain yourself if you don’t want to, but please remember this is a non-swearing forum. :)

As a group we are committed to taking the project forward, developing it slowly and organically and taking it towards the kind of site we've all wanted since we came together at Garagebland. Although we won’t be working with Stephen, we still want to achieve some of the things which were talked about at Audio Village.
We won’t be dictating this and that, backbiting, being cliquey or heavy-handed about anything. We won’t have “special powers” either. The purpose of the group is to advise on and discuss the development of the site and then look for a consultative process with the members, so that you guys (and new guys) can suggest ways of improving things. The existing ‘Trustee’ group has within it diverse opinions and approaches, and we shore up our individual weaknesses with the others’ strengths. As far as we’re concerned, this method has already proved the notion that six heads are better than one.

You already know about Jaymz and Jay, and they have to be considered as exempt from this, 'cos without them, there is no site. :bow:
But the (for want of a better word) sub-committee as it stands is made up of cj, Shankarji, Peevette and Kim. We also have Nozonozo as part-time advisor (incorporating gonad pictures) and we're trying to talk Patric into coming back.
However, before we get too comfortable, we feel the need to ask for a vote of confidence from the membership.

If you decide that yes, you do trust us and have faith in our abilities, you can suggest a name for the group (I always thought “trustees” was a bit stiff, and although “cj’s whores” might be a little too informal, it’d be nice to have a more personable name). But that’s an IF at this stage.

If you decide that no, you would prefer not to trust us with trying to implement AR's goals, we’ll close the Trustees forum and leave it to Jay and Jaymz to cope with all the administration and communication by themselves.

And yeah, I’m afraid it’s all of us or none of us – you don’t get to vote cj out or endorse Peeve twice over. It’s a kind of “ain’t broke, don’t fix it” thing.

So - please let us know what you want.

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Re: Is everybody happy?

Postby pharquartt » Mon May 05, 2008 9:47 am

i think "Minion Masters" would suffice.....
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon May 05, 2008 1:42 pm

Beyond it being Monday, I'm happy.

But as to your question, Kim, I'o'wn't care, this is a place I'm member not an owner nor an investor etc, whatever you'll all do I'm not in a position nor have an interest to stop. If it'll make the site run smoothly and correctly, with many hands making lighter work, git 'er done.

just quit talkin' behind my back cuz my ears are burning! :)
Alex

Postby Alex » Mon May 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Beyond it being Monday and throat is developing wonderful soreness from a springtime cold, I'm happy.

But as to your question, Kim, I'o'wn't care, this is a place I'm member not an owner nor an investor etc, whatever you'll all do I'm not in a position nor have an interest to stop. If it'll make the site run smoothly and correctly, with many hands making lighter work, git 'er done.
just quit talkin' behind my back in the privy forum, cuz my ears are burning! :)

Could we call ya'll "The Board"?, sounds like the Borg and you can be referred to as "the Bored" too.
Alex

Postby Peevette » Mon May 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby pharquartt » Tue May 06, 2008 12:24 am

it seems to me that if you operate with a focus on transparency, you would not get many complaints.

and you will have plenty of "opinions" to work with. nobody around here is that shy...... :beer:
now is the infinite opposite
pharquartt
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Tue May 06, 2008 1:31 am

Alex

Postby Peevette » Tue May 06, 2008 2:53 am

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Peevette

Postby steban » Tue May 06, 2008 2:57 am

I'm happier now that I see ChrisK showed up!

If Troll, Dom, Steve Ison, mechanicaluse and mrstrauss showed up, I'd be sure this was the matrix.

But seriously, the plan sounds fine to me. AV was on the right track, at least figuratively speaking. I believe the committee is going to be more aggressive about making the site into what we all have imagined it could be, whatever that is. And open about ideas and features.

Jaymz and Jay are great assets for a music site especially, and good people most importantly. Perhaps the AV debacle has somehow elevated mere mortal men to loftier aspirations. But as we all know, without the rank and file rooting for our team, we can never win. So hip hip hooray and all that rot!
steban

Postby cjdenecia » Tue May 06, 2008 3:23 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Tue May 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Krispy

Postby Krispy » Tue May 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Krispy

Postby ROXI » Tue May 06, 2008 4:26 pm

In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Postby NayNay » Tue May 06, 2008 4:50 pm

In every organization there has to be leaders. I appreciate the fact that the trustees come to us minions (giggle) to ask for our suggestions and imput, but I believe, in the end, the final decision should be made by those in "charge". And some discussions don't necessarily need to be public. I feel that should be the case in all organizations. Chain of command and such. As long as the goals are the same, supporting the cause, then why should we see or be a part of every decision made? I'm happy with who's in charge and will support those decisions made by you guys and gals. Just don't get all Partovi on us....(that statement was meant as a joke and i hope you laugh :thumb: )
Official AR Groupie
NayNay

Postby ROXI » Wed May 07, 2008 2:26 am

In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
ROXI

Next

Return to Questions/Suggestions