[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - so then ....

so then ....

Nicey-nice talk is here.

so then ....

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:29 am

that's just about it. I see no signs of things turning around ...
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Re: so then ....

Postby zxyz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:35 pm

??
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:06 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:17 pm

but .. cj .. it's a fun site .. we've all been hanging out here for years, writing stories and music and stuff .. if AR were no more .. well .. .. :cry:
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Krispy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:57 pm

See. Zee cares.

What is everyone else doing? Is the era of online music peer-to-peer enthusiasm all over?
To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:47 am

6 days ... these posts ..... so then, why keep it going? we could rename it z, k & cj and be legit.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby zxyz » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:40 am

Well, if it's not too expensive to keep AR/AP going with just us then why not? If it is too expensive, then yeh.. I guess U could nuke it . Where's HUD? no input from him I guess .. or Steban or Troll .. or anybody .. yeah I guess it is too quiet ..
TBH, CJ, I think the whole thing of trying to make this into the new garageband was a bit idealistic/ ambiguous. I think that the 'ye ole friendly critique/ review concept forum of the ole AR was more appealing.. that's what drew me here in the first place.. it was harsh, but fun.. y'all were a stern bunch but I learned a lot about recording. A lot more so than a lot of other forums who claim to know a lot about mixing and mastering .. it was definitely fun and a good learning experience back then .. I learned a lot, and, .. Many Thanks ..
zxyz

Postby Krispy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Thing is Zee, it's the same few people reviewing at Audiopolis who would be doing it here if we re-activated the 'reviews' forum. And at least reviewing at Audiopolis gives you the chance to hear something or someone new and without the pressure to be 'nice'. I do prefer that, even if it's mostly unappreciated or unreciprocated or even unread.

One by one, for their own and various reasons, the loyal have dropped out. It's mostly cj's fault. :mrgreen: Only the strong survive.
I have to conclude that for most people the initial voyage of discovery and thrill of sharing your widdle songs in a worldwide community has gone. Social media has triumphed, it's quick and easy and mostly shallow. And I should know - I use Facebook!

I feel sad about every person who's gone. Well, not that Testicles bloke. But even ol' Saucy.

But, yeah, where the fuck is Hud?
Krispy

Postby HUD » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

I've not gone anywhere. Just don't like getting up to speak at funerals such as this.
I have actually wondered whether our snarky, argumentative side pushed some people out the door. A lot of that bitchiness was in fact a reaction to self-absorbed people, the ones who would ask for listens but not reciprocate much - but I can think of a couple who departed over the argumentative tone, too often on display. Funny, we were all 10x more snarky back at the GB forum, so that's not really the whole story.
There does seem perhaps to some correalation between dropping the old informal review forum in favor of the AP system. Even it they didn't reciprocate, some folks would hang around for idle bullshit while they hoped for our comments here.
Not only the collab's, but having having an audience for one's latest work was always fun - like 5 pages about "Stranger of Every". Now a song like "Angels Weeping" or "Everyone Listens to His Own Song" gets so much less. What was the point of "Going Experimental"?
Not sure if a post-mortem's of any help or matters though. Probably still are some sites we could invade, who aren't familiar with our modus operendi.
At least somebody can come by to this ghost town in a decade and find out what Hoponpop listened to back in the day.
Thanks for the effort Gregg, cj & Kim. Take care Z.

Cheers.
As I returned across the lands I'd known
I recognized the fields where I'd once played
I had to stop in my tracks for fear
Of walking on the mines I'd laid
HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 am

I ain't opened that thread since the "test" he put me through.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Krispy

Postby HUD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:15 pm

apostrophe to indicate the slice through "collaborations". :roll:
HUD

Postby Krispy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Krispy

Postby HUD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:36 pm

HUD

Postby cjdenecia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:40 pm

.... interesting turn of events actually. received a punctuation to these sentiments today.

our free host is dissolving within 90 days. our thanks to jaymz for years of great service above and beyond the call of duty. and to his company for hiding us within its budget and overall hosting costs.

gregg and I will have to have a serious pow wow and determine if there is a place to archive the entire works, much less do the redirect and code work to keep it active if moved. it seems a little dubious and now does indeed feel like a terminal disease has afflicted us.

making this my second, wait, no - third online OMD failure. I'd not suggest entrusting another one to my control or partial control.

details to follow as they become available.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Next

Return to General Discussion