[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Refugee Radio

Refugee Radio

Nicey-nice talk is here.

Re: Refugee Radio

Postby zxyz » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:31 pm

zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby Steve Soucy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:40 am

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby Chris K. » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Good old Joe Walsh ... love that guy ... lived in Boulder for a while in the early seventies. “Rocky Mountain Way” off of The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get (1973) was inspired by Walsh’s move to Colorado with his wife Stephanie and small child Emma Kristen. Emma was killed in a car accident in 1974 while on her way to nursery school, an event which haunts Walsh to this day. He had a small drinking fountain built in her memory in her favorite park in Boulder, denoted by a simple plaque.

His bass player/vocalist was a guy name Kenny Passarelli, a Denver native. ("...my big break was coming back to Boulder and working with Joe Walsh in 1971. The second record we cut had "Rocky Mountain Way," which I cowrote. - http://www.5280.com/issues/2010/1005/fe ... ageID=2217). Kenny still lives here, and still produces and plays. He produces this guy, Eddie "Devil Boy" Turner .... a legendary guitarist from this area.

Chris K.

Postby zxyz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Good stuff, Chris. Thanks.

Ok, what am I doing wrong> I click the youtube tab on the top here, copy and paste the"embed" code from youtube inbetween the {youtube]and the{/youtube].. It useta work fine. Has something changed or am I losing my mind?
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:11 pm

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby mistertroll » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Jay changed a setting. Now you only use the part in brackets here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[TJWQgaNYf1o]

to get ...

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

mistertroll

Postby zxyz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Oh-K , thx guys. I think I can handle it now.
zxyz

Postby zxyz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:34 am

Ok, gottit.. thx..

zxyz

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:37 am

Prunes!
Jay

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:49 am

you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Krispy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:38 am

To save time, assume I know everything
Krispy

Postby Chris K. » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:12 pm

:rofl:

You guys crack me up ...

Here's the deal .. what I do, any of you can do. I have sat here and read for years all the moans and groans and complaints about the "industry" and its non-acceptance of local, regional, national and international independent artists and labels ... and DIY stuff.

Now, I'm doing something about what we've been talking about for the past decade plus - and you guys want to give me shit for it... sheesh ...

... okay, whatever.

The internet is not our salvation ... that dream is done... new goal = mass media and those who use it to further a non-"clear channel" style of national homogenization...

If you want to further the "cause" then get out of the house, create a "local" (regional) music program, pitch it to your local community-public radio station .. and then work to syndicate it around the state you live in ... (Europe, I've got no clue .. .you're on your own).

Then, work to get the community stations to add more and more local independent stuff ... either by servicing it or finding someone who can and will service it ...

and yes, I know about Colorado music --- I've made it my life's mission to know more than anyone about it ... and yes, I will continue to share those facts, as it pertains to any posting here ...

and if you don't like it (cj) - kick me out of here ...

I don't mind good natured ribbing .. I do mind taking shit for being somewhat successful at advancing something I've heard talked about for many years now ...

I'm in a grumpy mood today, so take what I say with that in mind, okay? ;)
Chris K.

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Prunes!
Jay

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:23 pm

And I'll add that I'm perhaps unusually annoyed by name dropping. The "look at me!" implication just gets tiresome. We all know somebody (who knows somebody). I've rubbed elbows and even played with some well-known musicians because I basically got lucky. So what, ya know?

There's a musician I know who constantly drops names... to a ludicrous degree. Sometimes the "dropping" is such a loose connection that I almost laugh when said musician mentions it. At the end of the day, I just like to hear good music regardless of who makes it or where/how it's made.
Prunes!
Jay

Postby Chris K. » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Chris K.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion